chapter 16-douchbag

CHAPTER 16: DOUCHEBAG
*** Zayn’s POV ***

My loud thumping head only got worse when I was forced to wake up from my deep sleep by the piercing squeals and yells of the boys jumping on my bed. They knew how much I loved my sleep, especially at times like this when I needed to recover from the dreadful effects of a hangover. I stubbornly kept my eyes shut and pretended their rowdiness wasn’t affecting me, irrationally thinking if I did so, they would go away. But I knew better than that, of course they wouldn’t stop. They are the ‘Kings of Banter’. 

“IT’S TIME TO GET UPPP!!! IT’S TIME TO GET UUUUUP! IT’S TIME TO GETTTT UUPPP!!!!! IT’S! TIME! TO! GET! UP!” they sang over and over again, jumping everywhere like chipmunks on caffeine,

Liam had belly flopped on top of me while Harry and Lou were pulling at my arms and hair, with Niall yelling to the top of his lungs with his guitar. I had no option but to get up. 

I opened my eyes to four faces of cheeky grins. 
“Good morning babe, or should I say.. afternoon!!?” Lou said only centimetres away from my face,

“C’mon then sleepy head, get up, we’ve got lunch ready downstairs! You need some food in you.” Liam chirped squishing my cheeks,

They all left the room and made their way downstairs as I sat up on the bed resting my head on the headboard. I looked around the room and realised I was in the spare bed inside of Harry and Lou’s apartment. How did I get here?I thought. I tried to fight off my headache to desperately search for answers inside my mind of how I got here and what exactly happened last night. 

And then, it hit me. My eyes widened as the memories came rushing through, “Oh fuck!”, I threw the covers over me and sprinted downstairs to see the boys. What the fuck did I do? Or more like why the fuck did I do it! Absolute instant regret filled inside of me. How could I do that to someone so important to me?

I finally reached the boys and practically collapsed the top half of my body onto the dining table, shocking them all.

“Someones hungry!” Harry poked,

“That would be me,” Niall answered,

”..Zayn? Are you alright?” Lou asked,

Liam had stood up from his seat and placed his arm around my shoulder trying to make eye contact with me as I shook my head, closing my eyes. “Holly.” I let out, “Why did I do that?” 

They all sighed and got up from their seats to stand around me. “I tried to warn you.. you wouldn’t listen.” Lou said,

“She’s never going to talk to me again..” I frustratedly clenched my fists and walked a few steps away from them,

“What’s the deal with you and that girl? I don’t get how she convinced you to leave randomly in the morning to go clubbing in Liverpool.” Niall asked,

“I don’t know Niall! I don’t know why I did it. I just did it. Alright?” I was so angry with myself my tone came off a little too stern, “Fuck, I’m sorry Niall, I’m just so” .. “It’s okay Zayn,” Niall said coming closer to me, giving me a hug,

“Boys, I’ve gotta fix this. I need Holly.” I sighed, 

“We know. And we’re here for you.” Lou replied patting me on the back,

“She’s never going to forgive me.. I just know it..”

“She will.” Harry said, “I’ve seen the way she looks at you. We’ve all seen it. She’ll forgive you.” 

*** Holly’s POV ***

“I AM NEVER GOING TO FORGIVE HIM!” I shouted, with a burning anger building up inside of me, “THAT ASSHOLE!” … “I STAYED UP FOR 8 HOURS WAITING FOR HIS ASS TO COME BACK HOME, AND WHERE HAS HE BEEN? CLUBBING WITH A BUNCH OF BIMBOS! OH MY GOD! I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS SHIT!”

I paced back and forth in front of Emily, stomping my feet, madder than I had ever felt in a long time. The latest article on SugarScape revealed where Zayn had been for the past 24 hours and I couldn’t believe I had to find out through the fucking internet to know of his whereabouts. 

NEW! ZAYN MALIK: UH OH, LOOKS LIKE PARTY BOY HAS COME OUT TO PLAY. CLICK FOR NEW PHOTOS OF ZAYN CLUBBING HARD FROM LAST NIGHT

So it looks like we were a bit too generous when we said we gave Zayn and his new (or old now) mystery girl another week of their relationship. New pictures from Zayn clubbing up in Liverpool have shown him getting cosy with a few hotties with no sight of mystery girl anywhere, just only a day (soon right!?!) after we spotted them at the Four Seasons Hotel. Does this mean she’s out of the picture now? We think so! Ladies, here’s to another one down, throw on your sexiest outfit and pucker those beautiful lips it’s time to make a move! 

Pictures from last night of our Bradford party boy, woo!:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly991r6d511r2eq6t.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly9927KFTb1r2eq6t.jpg

“I’M GOING TO KILL HIM,” I shouted, “LIKE, RIP HIS STUPID PRETTY HEAD OFF, SO THEN HE WON’T BE ABLE TO LOOK PRETTY OR SING.” 

Carmello slowly placed two plates of pasta on the coffee table near us and quickly walked back to his room trying to avoid my meltdown. Emily grabbed the pasta and began to eat while still her eyes were still locked on the SugarScape article.

“You know what else I’m going to rip off?!! HIS PE—-“ 

“Oh my God Holly,” Emily interrupted,

“What! He doesn’t deserve to have it anymore!”

“No, Holly, come look at the pictures again,” she said turning the laptop screen towards me,

“What about it? It’s him kissing some blonde skank bitch face whore. Big deal.”

“A blonde bimbo.”

“I like blonde skank bitch face whore, better.”

“No.. as in.. blonde bimbo. Or bimboS.”

“Okay I really don’t get what you’re playing at Em.” I said plopping myself onto the couch, beside her,

“Zayn is douchebag boy. Remember? From last night? Surrounded by blonde bimbos? Blue and grey shirt? Has a sexy back?” 

My jaw dropped, “WITH THE PINK THINGS AROUND THE COLLAR!” I shouted realising, “WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK!”

I honestly felt like I was going to explode with anger. What were the chances of Zayn being in the exact same club, in the exact same city that was hours away from London? This was just too insane to take in. Pick out any word in the dictionary that has the definition of anger, and it would describe how I was feeling in that very moment. 

“HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!” I yelled slapping Emily’s leg, “ZAYN WAS DOUCHEBAG BOY? Oh my God!! Well he definitely suits the nickname we gave him now doesn’t he?”

Emily nodded, “What an ass, seriously.”

“Oh! Ass doesn’t even begin to explain Em. DOESN’T EVEN BEGIN.”

She laughed, “So what are you going to do then?” she asked looking at me with a now serious face, “I mean, as much as I’d gladly chop his balls off and burn down his house, what are you actually going to do now?”

My frown had finally faded for the first time in half an hour and I froze. What was I going to do? Zayn had beyond pissed me off, but I knew deep inside me I cared about him like no other. Our birthday was tomorrow and it felt like a waste if we weren’t to spend it together. But, at this very moment, I couldn’t see myself forgiving him. I couldn’t see myself being able to act like everything was okay. If it wasn’t for Lou and I hearing him get up that morning, I would’ve not known the slightest idea to where he had gone. 

“I-I don’t know..” I stuttered, “What am I meant to do Em?” I let my head fall on top of my knees that were up on the couch against my chest. There were too many mixed emotions for me to deal with. I had no idea what I was going to do next. I had no idea what was the right thing to do next.

*** Zayn’s POV ***

The lads and I spent all day trying to figure out ways I could get Holly to forgive me. During this whole process, it made me realise just how important she was to me and I was going to do anything in my power to make sure she was mine again. Tomorrow was our birthday and I had six hours to convince her to have dinner with me on that night. We put a lot of thought and effort into this and if she still didn’t forgive me, I don’t know what I’d do. I don’t know what I’d do if I were to lose the girl I’ve been waiting for all my life. Especially when I know it was all my fault. 

“So what did you do Zayn?” Harry asked keeping his eyes on the road, 

He always got straight to the point. 

I looked out the car window in the passenger’s seat and sighed, “Remember the girl from a few weekends ago? Well she texted me.”

“Yeah, I gathered that,” he said, “What did it say?”

“Erm,” I tried to think of ways to make what I did in a positive light, but there was just no way around it, because what I did was just out of pure stupidity, “She just basically said to come pick her up cause she didn’t have a ride home and ran out of money for a taxi. And when I picked her up, she threw up all over my shirt so she forced me to go back into her apartment so she could wash it.”

“Alright,” Harry nodded kind of skeptical to where my story was going,

“And um, I don’t know why but we started drinking. And did some more drinking. And some more. And her roommates were there too, and well, they suggested we go to Liverpool. It seemed like a good idea at the time, obviously, since I was drunk.. But I don’t know. She’s just really convincing and..”

“Hot? Fit?” he interrupted,

“No, I mean, well yeah. But c’mon Haz, what would you do if 4 hot girls were begging you to come down to Liverpool for a good time?”

“Tell them thank you but no, I’ve got an amazing girl back at my apartment that’s waiting for me to come home.” and with that he stopped the car slamming the breaks a little too hard, “We’re here. Good luck.” he announced with a feisty tone,

He didn’t even bother to turn to me, he just continued to look forward until I got out of the car. I looked at him one last time and still got nothing out of him. The awkward silence was crushing. I hopped out of the car slowly hoping he’d at least say ‘bye’ but he still just sat there. I closed the door and turned around sighing and made my way towards the entrance.

*** Holly’s POV ***

The whole day was spent in front of the T.V. watching sappy romantic movies after the other going through endless amounts of comfort food. I had thrown on my baggiest of clothes and my hair resembled a perfect home for a family of birds. 

The door knocked and I sighed heavily, “EM! Get the door!” I shouted, 

Silence.

“Carmellooooooooo! Get the door!” 

I was in complete and utter lazy mode and I refused to get off my safe zone, the couch. The door knocked again. I realised Emily and Carmello went to the store to get some groceries so it must’ve of been them at the door anyway. I pressed pause on “The Lakehouse” and made my way to the door annoyed. When I opened the door, there stood Zayn with the biggest bouquet of flowers, a teddy bear, a love heart shaped balloon with the words “I’m sorry!” and a box of Krispy Kremes. 

“No. Fuck you.” and with that, I slammed the door.

 —