Prince

Another Person's POV

Shubman sighed when he looked at their barren fields. He has to do something to help their village farmers after all it's not been long since they'll country will get their freedom.

"Ay....shub.."

He turned around to see his childhood friend Raj waving at him enthusiastically. He chuckled at him and walked towards him.

"Tum gaye ni shehar ke liye abhi tak"

(You haven't left to city....yet)

Raj shook his head. Even though his father strictly told him to travel city to get some new quality material for his marriage he can't help coming over to his friends.

"Tumhare Baba ne tumhe bulla...sunne mein aya hain ki General James wapis aye hain."

(Your Baba called you...there's a rumour that General James is coming back....)

Shubman shook his head. General James was a part of the East India Company when he came over to India but not long after falling for the princess of their state, he fought for India's freedom.

Everyone respects that man and his wife. They helped their village to stand on its own. They had their palace built in this village because of their love for this place. After all Princess Janki spends her entire childhood here.

"Par ye to sach hai. Baba ne mujhe Batya ki vo sab aaj yaha pahuch jaynge."

(It's not a rumour. Baba told me they gonna reach here today.)

Raj hummed. Shubman's father is the chief of the village and someone close to General James so it wasn't something unusual for Raj that he already knows about their visit.

"Shayad mujhe Baba ki madat krne ghar chale jana chaiye.. Unhe meri zarurt pad sakti hai..."

(I guess I should head back to home. Baba might need some of my help.)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Haha.....times pass so fast. Look at him he's all grown now..."

James looked at Shubman standing beside his father. His Baba felt proud whenever someone praised his son.

"What's he doing nowadays...?"

"He helps me around at work and working for his degree... I want to send him to the city to become a doctor.."

His Baba answered in place of him. He just nodded his head when James looked at Shubman.

"I remember my son bringing some books that will be helpful to you Shubman why don't you bring it from his room...! He's upstairs..."

"Me....?"

He looked doubtful. His Baba gave him a small nod. He couldn't back out when they both were looking at him. The servant standing beside James leads Shubman to the room of the person whom he always heard from other people.

General James has a son around his age. He feels nervous when he reaches closer to that door crafted so elegantly that he can't help but appreciate the craftsmen. The servant left him there without saying anything. He stepped into the room and felt fascinated by the way that room was decorated. The queen-sized bed is covered with transparent white curtains.

"Ramu Kaka......"

He flinched when he heard a voice coming from the left door. Someone said curiosity kills the cat and that is exactly what that happened to Shubmam.

He walked closer to the door and opened it but the sight he met with was so enchanting that his heart stopped.

He thought that beauty was something that you could only feel in nature when the drops of rain submerged in the lake but when his eyes landed on those silky black hair drenched in water making that milky skin more glow.