The Fallen III

WELCOME BACK! I BRING GIFTS FROM MY BRAIN! Alright, enough positivity, welcome to the third part of this series. I have once again pushed out another long chapter with no clue how I did so. Anyway, this chapter is more of an aftermath one and as such doesn't really progress anything nor does it have any action points but that's fine. I'll admit there's one part of this at the end I'm not confident came together as I wanted it to but I'm wondering if it's just me overthinking things I'll know if I'm wrong if people point it out so I guess we'll see.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this as much as you've enjoyed the previous chapters. Oh and uh Merry Christmas.

-OtherwiseR00K

_________________________________________________________

-One Day Later-

Summer couldn't help the small smile that crept onto her face. She may not be able to see at the moment but she could hear her two precious girls' laughter and joy as they watched some kind of cartoon as she leaned into the couch behind them. Her cane sat on her lap and the strip of cloth was still tied around her eyes just as opposed to her hair which was down from its usual bun.

Without her sight she couldn't tie it into the same complex fashion that resembled a rose, she needed a mirror for that and even after developing the style a few years ago it still took three minutes to do every day.

She was happy that her loss of vision was mostly temporary, she had been told she'd never see color the same but she was alright with that, it was a small price to pay to get her vision back. To see her Ball of Sunshine and her Little Rose's smiles again.

She makes it a point for herself to treasure her vision far more than before, she also notes to herself to take the girls to an eye doctor in Vale eventually and introduce more carrots to their diets.

Heavier footsteps brought Summer from her thoughts as she noted that Taiyang had just entered the living room from the kitchen. It was weird for Summer to have to recognize people from their walking but after a little bit, it became easier.

Taiyang walked with a heavier gait which made sense considering his size and his role on Team STRQ. Qrow walked softer but when on tiles his shoes clicked and clacked. The girls were much softer but usually pounded the floor as they ran around with near-infinite energy.

"Alright girls," Taiyang began, "the cinnamon rolls are done."

"CINNAMON!" the girls shouted at the same time before their bounding steps passed Tai and into the kitchen. Taiyang chuckled as they passed and though Summer couldn't see it, the laughter was infectious enough for her to giggle slightly.

"Summer," and just like that the tone in Tai's voice told her this was important, "there's been news."

Summer's brows went up at the words, News? Already?

When Summer first got out of the hospital and was allowed to go home the first thing she did was make Taiyang promise to keep her in the loop. It didn't have to be world-shattering news, just what was going on and where Ozpin's head might be.

She'd also asked Tai to keep a lookout for the man who saved her, Summer still wanted to find the man. She had to thank him personally for saving her and her family from the grief she would've brought them had she died.

"Well don't leave me in suspense," Summer said, she made sure she was quiet though. She didn't want the girls to hear her, even if they were distracted.