12

Wei Ying sat up somewhere, he drank some refreshing water as he watched the elegant fog up in the mountains slowly pass. He thought about what had happened in class. He crossed his legs and sighed.

"But I wasn't wrong though... Energy is energy..." Wei Ying muttered.

He stared out in the distance as he thought, resentful could indeed be used for good things like spiritual Qi, the only thing that is different in his opinion is the color and the name. Soon enough, he heard the familiar chatter of his besties, he looked down and saw Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang talking and walking.

He smiled and decided to join them, he jumped down and spooked them, Nie Huaisang jumping in fight, and Jiang Cheng almost drawing out his sword.

"Wei Wuxian!" Jiang Cheng seethed.

Nie Huaisang just sighed after realizing it was just a friend and not a foe "You gave us a fright" He sighed out.

Wei Ying just gave off a smile and carefree answer "Sorry, what'cha talking about? Can I join?" Wei Ying asked.

"We were just talking about you anyway, you're really amazing you know that? You actually left when he told you to, he was too stumped to talk after you left, it was like he was speechless!" Nie Huaisang said, a smile full of admiration on his face.

Wei Ying sighed "What the hell does he want me to do? I answered questions, I got out when the geezer told me to, I feel like he is just targeting me at this point so why the hell should I care?" Wei Ying asked.

Jiang Cheng sighed "Say what you want, but keep it to yourself when we're not at Lotus Pier, some Sects don't approve of that type of thinking, last thing anyone wants is someone getting hurt, I especially don't want you getting hurt" He said.

"Aww, I love you too" Wei Ying threw an arm over his shoulder.

"Don't push it, also, Lan Qiren told me to tell you that he set up a punishment for you" He said.

Wei Ying rolled his eyes "Not a surprise, what does he want me to do?"

"Copy the 'Hightest Justice' chapter at least three times" Jiang Cheng brushed Wei Ying's arm off of his shoulder.

Wei Ying scoffed "What does he want me to get out of it?" Wei Ying asked, crossing his arms.

"Learning what ethics and natural law is" Jiang Cheng answered.

"Please, I learnt that shit when I was 7, I don't wanna study that crap again" Wei Ying slumped his shoulders.

"I'd do it for you, but he has assigned someone to supervise you" Nie Huaisang said.

"Does he think I'm a child? Who does he have assigned?" Wei Ying asked, his expression going dark, Nie Huaisang shivered, it was dark and mean.

"Watch your face, your Wen side is getting out again" Jiang Cheng calmly said.

Wei Ying snapped out of it "Sorry, I have a problem when people have a problem with me when I don't know who they are to begin with" Wei Ying rubbed his face.

"Lots of people have that problem, and the person he assigned to watch over you is Lan Wangji, one of the Twin Jades of Lan, he is the strictest aside from Lan Qiren" Nie Huaisang said.

Wei Ying felt his mood liven up after he heard when the Nie boy had said.

"Lan Wangji? Perfect, he and I were gonna hang out anyway, I'll guess we'll hang out and I'll do the punishment, sound fair" He said, standing straight.