14

The Wei Wuxian he was spending time with now isn't what he read about him. Same person, but a different personality. Maybe Wei Wuxian's personality changes depending on where he is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Late night Wei Ying sat on the roof of the rooms he and Jiang Cheng were residing in while they were at studies. It was well past the bedtime here in the Cloud Recesses. The moon wasn't full, more of a crescent. The sky was full of stars and the breeze was calming as it is beautiful. Wei Ying sat up there with a fruit or two as he peered up into the sky. 

    He thought about what Wen Rouhan had asked him..

    "I'm planning to take his rights as an heir away, and make you the next sect leader of the Wen"

      "You don't have to answer right away, at least think about it, once you give me your answer, we can go from there. If you say yes to coming back, I'll give you the title of Sect heir and you can turn the Wen clan to your vision, but if you say no, but still wish to return, that's okay, I'll give you your old position back. But if you don't want to come back and do not want to be sect leader, then I hope we can be allies"

    Wei Ying pulled his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them, resting his chin on his arms. If Wei Ying had understood him correctly, Wen Rouhan had designs on making Wei Ying sect heir. While it was true that Wei Ying did a lot while he was head disciple of the Wen sect.

    He went on missions, most of which were to assassinate people Sect Leader Wen wanted and needed dead.
   He went on errands for the Sect leader.
   He attended meetings in place for Sect leader Wen. 
   He even did some work that a sect leader was only supposed to do.
   If not, he was Wen Rouhans personal disciple and assistant.  

   Wei Ying had some experience when it came to managing a sect. But did he even want to consider being a sect leader?

    Ever since Wen Xu.... Wei Ying shook his head, wanting to not think about what happened that night...

    Wei Ying sighed heavily, and got up. He'd figure it out later. He needed outside opinion. and what's the best way to ask then someone he trusts?

    "Hey, ChengCheng-"

   "Don't call me that-"

   "I need your opinion on something" Wei Ying said.

    The next morning, both boys were up and on their way to the lecture. Jiang Cheng looked over to Wei Ying and raised a brow.

    "What?"

    "..Sect Leader Wen visited me just the other day" Wei Ying said.

    Jiang Cheng was stunned, so much so he stopped walking. Wei Ying noticed and stopped, looking at Jiang Cheng.

    "What?" Wei Ying asked.

    "Sect Leader Wen visited you?"

    "Yea, he just wanted to talk, we chatted over wine" Wei Ying said, quickly adjusting his robes.

    "What did you guys talk about?"

    Wei Ying quickly looked around, after making sure no one was currently around, he whispered to Jiang Cheng.

Revenge is best served cold.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara