The interview

"Hana, stop worrying you're going to get this position, trust me," my friend Alison said to calm me down.

"I'm so nervous, Alison, I don't know if I can even do this interview. I did my research before I applied for this job, and I heard that Mr. Kim is ruthless. Maybe this was a mistake. We should just go home."

I spoke as I got up from my chair to leave the building. Sadly, I was stopped by Alison.

"Hana, you got this seriously, you need to calm down. You got this okay, just believe in yourself."Alison said as she held me by the shoulders.

"Hana Blanchet" a lady announced, grabbing me and Alison's attention.

"You got this," Alison whispered.

I then took in a deep breath and breathed out, "That would be me" I responded as I walked towards the lady who had a bright white welcoming smile on her face.

"Great it's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Blanchet. I'm Mariah. Please follow me." Mariah said as she led me to Mr. Kim's office. As we were on our way to Mr.Kim's office, Mariah and I made small talk.

"So are you nervous?" Mariah asked,

"Yes, very nervous. To be honest, I heard Mr. Kim is pretty strict." I replied.

"That you heard right. I'm his personal assistant right now until he finds someone to hire. After he finds someone, I'll train them for a couple of days and after that, I can then retire." Mariah said,

"How long have you been working for Mr. Kim?" I asked

"12 years", Mariah responded

"What made you want to go into retirement so soon?" I questioned again,

"Well, like you already know, Mr.Kim is strict and he also needs his assistant with him 24/7. Furthermore, I now have a family. And I would like to spend more time with them instead of being here all the time. Do you happen to have any children or a husband?" Mariah asked,

''No, I would like to have kids in the future though and as far as a husband, I don't even have a boyfriend yet.'' I replied,

"I have a positive feeling that this is the job for you." Mariah said, as we finally arrived at Mr. Kim's door,

I'll never get over how huge this place is, I thought to myself.

Mariah then knocked at his door. "Come in", a deep, Stern voice commanded, giving me cold chills.

Mariah and I then entered his office.

"Good morning Mr. Kim'' Mariah greeted "This is Ms. Blanchet she is here for the interview.'' Mariah spoke, bringing me forward.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you, sir." I said nervously,
It seemed an annoyed look appeared on his face.

"Let's just get this interview over with. Mariah, you may leave." Mr. Kim said with an uninterested manner and tone. Please, Ms. Blanchet, have a seat," Mr. Kim commanded Mariah then left, and I sat down to be interviewed.

"So I will start off by saying Kim enterprise is one of the biggest companies in Seoul. Meaning, I'm a very busy man. I desire someone who will be able to plan events and keep up with the events I have to attend, which are a lot of. Moreover, I require someone. Who can plan all of my business trips and know how to communicate with business allies."

Mr. Kim stated, "Tell me, Ms. Blanchet, what is there you can bring to the table as my personal assistant?" He questioned,

"well, I am very accountable. I can most definitely arrange your events and keep track of meetings and gatherings that you will attend. I feel absolutely confident that I can build a great relationship with your alliance due to the fact I have strong communication skills. Not only that, but I also consider myself as a person who thinks strategically. Meaning, whatever task you may throw at me, I have the ability to understand the importance of the task and why it must be completed. I am very confident that I am a good fit for this position. If you decide to hire me, I promise you won't regret it." I responded.

I was still so nervous I could feel my heart wanting to beat out of my chest as Mr. Kim stared at me. He had such an intimidating look, but at the same time, he was a very handsome man.

"Thank you for your time, Ms. Blanchet, I'll have my people get in contact with you if you have the position. You may now leave. I have other people who are waiting to be interviewed." Mr. Kim spoke sternly.

Woah, that was quick. He must not have been impressed, I thought to myself, feeling disappointed. I got up and thanked Ms. Kim for his time and left his office.

Once I made it back to Alison, as soon as she saw me, she could already see the sad expression plastered on my face. She then walked over to me.

"How did everything go?" Alison asked softly,

"I don't think I got the job" I replied.

"Aw it's okay Hana, don't worry, I know you'll find something better." Alison said, trying to make me feel better.

"Yeah you're probably right that guy was pretty intimidating anyway, Let's go." I said, as Alison and I left Kim enterprise.

A FEW DAYS LATER...................................................

I was at home surfing the web for potential jobs as I was looking through the internet. My cell phone rang, snapping me out of my continuous scrolling.

"Hello," I answered, answering the call.

"Hi, this is Mariah from Kim enterprise, I am calling to get in contact with Ms. Hana Blanchet." Mariah spoke,

"that would be me." I responded,

"Great, I would like to inform you that you have been hired for the position of Mr.Kim's personal assistant. You will be starting tomorrow morning around 8 am. You will be in training for 3 days." Mariah informed,

"Oh wow, this is amazing. Thank you for the opportunity. I'll be there first thing in the morning." I said excitedly,

"Great, I'll see you then, Ms. Blanchet, and welcome to Kim enterprise. Enjoy the rest of your day," Mariah mentioned before hanging up.

Once Mariah hung up, I couldn't help but let out the loudest scream ever. I was filled with joy. I can't believe I got the job, I said to myself.

"HANA ARE YOU OKAY?" Alison asked after bursting through my room door with a worried look on her face. I then claimed myself down so I could tell Alison the great news.

"So I got a call from Kim enterprise and I got the job." I said, letting out a squeal.

"Hana, that's great. I'm so happy for you. We should go out and celebrate. I'll pay," Alison offered.

Honestly, getting good news like this, I couldn't turn down a good celebration.

"Why not, let's go." I responded, leaping from my bed. Alison and I then got ready and headed to a beautiful restaurant that wasn't too far from where we lived. After doing a little celebrating, we returned home later that night and headed off to bed.