🌸

The limousine had pulled into the driveway of an Isolated mansion. There were no other homes nearby or in sight. My mind had raced with non-stop thoughts while we were now parked in front of the home.

I had never been that close to death before. In the moments of being shot at, my life flashed before my eyes. I had thought about my family and Alison. I was grateful to make it out alive.

Suddenly, I snapped out my thoughts once the limo door had opened. I had gotten out and waited for Mr. Kim as he was speaking with his driver.

"Jae, are you sure you don't need to go to the hospital? I just don't want your father to think I didn't do my best at keeping you safe." Mr. Kim's driver said worriedly.

"Eun, I'm fine, don't worry about my father, that's not relevant right now. Be careful and drive home safely." Mr. Kim responded, dismissing his driver home

The man didn't speak another word after Mr. Kim's order. He nodded his head in response. Doing what he was told, he got in the driver side of the limo and left.

The taillights of the limo were now out of sight. Once the limo was gone, Mr. Kim had approached the front door. Typing in a code to unlock it.

I had followed him inside the dark, spacious house. As soon as Mr. Kim had cut on the lights. I was a bit stunned by the beauty of the massive home. The Chandelier lights brought out the beautiful combination of the black and white colors that were placed against the walls, ceilings, floors, and staircase. The design, furniture, and decorations were placed with complete thought and care. It felt as if I had stepped into a palace.

"Follow me, I'll show you where you will be sleeping." Mr. Kim said, bringing my attention to him.

I followed behind him as he led me upstairs.

" This is where you will be sleeping. It has its own bathroom and its closet. I'll call one of my maids over to bring you some clothes, since you will be staying here until I can find out who the person was that was shooting at us tonight and why."

Ms. Kim said as he walked me into the large bedroom.

"How long do you think it will take until you find that out?" I asked, wondering how long I would be staying here. Because honestly, I could barely stand spending a few hours back at the office with Mr. Kim. I will have to pray for a different level of patience to stay in the same house as him.

"I don't know, but I will be speaking to an investigator first thing in the morning." He responded.

"Well, it's been a long night. You should get some rest." Mr. Kim said, placing his hand over the shoulder. His face had held an expression of pain. Part of his suit was wet with blood. It was by the grace of god he was still standing at this point.

I stopped him as he was about to leave the room. "Wait, what about your shoulder, you said would have gotten medical treatment once we got here? How are you going to do that?" I asked. I was really worried about his condition. He started to look a bit pale and weak.

"Don't worry, I have plans to contact a good friend of mine who also happens to be a doctor. I'll contact him tonight, and he'll come over to treat my wound. Just get some rest." Mr. Kim responded and then left the room. Before I could say anything else.

Once Mr. Kim had left the room. I had closed the door. I was still trying to get myself together after the night we just had. As I was in my thoughts. I was brought back to reality when I had heard my cell phone ringing from my little purse.

I had gotten my phone from my purse. Looking at the screen, I noticed that it was Alison calling. "Hello," I answered the phone. "Hey, How is the event going? Are you having a good time?" Alison asked.

"No, it was horrible everything went wrong tonight. I almost lost my life." I exclaimed, almost on the verge of tears after hearing Alison's voice. I guess I truly miss her at the moment.

"Woah, just calm down Hana. Tell me what happened." Alison spoke worriedly but calmly at the same time.

I then told her everything. Which I kind of regret now because she's even more worried than before.

"How long will you have to stay with your boss?" Alison asked.

"Until we can find out who the person that was after us is. But I don't know how long that may take." I responded.

"This is terrible, please stay safe, Hana. I'll call every day and night to check on you until you come home." Alison said, sounding a bit sad.

"It's best if you get some sleep. You've been through a lot tonight" Alison then said.

Alison and I then told each other good night. And I got into the king-size bed, still wearing my makeup and dress. The only thing I had taken off was my jewelry and heels. I had slowly but surely fallen asleep.

💗A/N: Hi everyone, sorry for the really short chapter

💗A/N: Hi everyone, sorry for the really short chapter. Lately, I've been having writer's slump. But I am trying to get motivation for writing and finishing the story. Because it's something I really want to do. But I also want the book to be very interesting and enjoyable for you guys. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Thanks for reading.💗
                                          🌸

💗May Jesus Christ bless you all 💗