피어난 오렌지 꽃 (The Blooming Orange Flowers) - Chapter 4

Weeks after weeks of hanging out with each other, their bond started growing stronger and stronger.

It was like they were inseperable.

But they weren't. They weren't inseperable.

That ended up being the downfall of their friendship. Nobody knew how, or knew why, but it just did.

It felt like the spark of happiness of being friends with Younghoon had disappeared into thin air, and she just couldn't seem to reach up high enough to get it back.

"Yeojin, do you want to hang out?" he asked her.

"No, I don't have the time," she replied coldly.

"Okay , I'm serious. What happened to you? It's been 3 weeks and you're still like this. It's getting out of hand," he asked her, frustration slightly showing by the way he spoke.

"Because I hate you! Don't you understand?"

"What did I do? What did I do to you, Yeojin?"

He looked into her eyes. Her eyes were opened wide, filled with tears that were about to come out. She couldn't speak nor could she move. Heavy breaths left her lips.

"I did nothing to you."

"Leave me alone, Younghoon. Please." she ordered, almost begging.

"Fine," he said, scoffing at her words, "Your wish has been granted."

And she watched him leave the building, his presence becoming smaller and smaller each step he took.

Yeojin dropped down to the floor, sobbing. Why did she speak to him like that? He didn't deserve it.

And that was already almost 5 months ago.

They never spoke to each other again. They were both too frustrated with one another, so they couldn't. They were way too angered, and that caused both Yeojin and Younghoon avoided each other at all costs.

But something seemed off.

Wouldn't Yeojin apologize? She definitely wasn't the type to keep someone engaged in anger.

And she would defintely not be engaged in anger for that long, either.

And Younghoon knew that. He knew very well.

So, he decided to visit her flower shop. To talk things out.

He walked towards the flower shop. When he arrived, he noticed something strange.

Windows were closed, lights were off, blinds were barely open, the door was locked, the open sign was gone, it was replaced by a piece of paper.

"Closed permanently, thank you for the support!".

And there was a lantern that had the words "Remembering Choi Yeojin, our flower girl".

"What?" Younghoon whispered to himself as he knocked on the door, hoping for an answer.

No luck.

Then, he tried pulling on the door, attempting to pull it open.

Again, no luck.

But suddenly, the small piece of paper fell off the door. After the paper fell off the glass door, an envelope was revealed underneath. It was a beige coloured envelope, it was plain, basically nothing special at all, except for the words written all over it.

"For Park Younghoon, my favourite friend in the whole entire world".

"For me?" he asked himself as he started opening the envelope, slowly revealing a folded white lined piece of paper.