bodily debts

You wanted to have my eyes, so that you could see the world the way I do. And so, I gave you my eyes, even though it would've blinded me to the extremities of your demands, for your greed is not an inconvenience to me. My teeth have cavities from the sweet, sweet love I have consumed and saved for you.

I would give you everything I have. You wanted to try my dark hair on - I would've given it to you, leaving my scalp bloody and barren. That way, half of my beauty would be yours to keep. You bleached it the next day.

Is love what you hunger for? I would carve out my still-beating heart, just so you could have a taste of how much I cared, even if it were your last meal. I would apologize for the mess it made as it pumped blood all over your hands. Despite the gaping hole in my chest to prove what I had to offer, it still wasn't enough.

And so I offer you my hands which I have severed from myself, so that when I'm no longer around, you'd have something to hold, leaving me with nothing to touch. So that you would forever feel the love I hold for you in my grip. It still wasn't enough.

Is my silence what you yearn for? For you, I rip out my tongue, so you don't have to suffer my long ramblings and pleads for assurances. Thankfully, I can no longer taste the blood flooding my mouth. It slipped down my throat, drowning me. But don't you see, my darling? This is me choking on my love for you. Why isn't it enough?

I would give you my teeth to repay my debt for that day I used the wrong tone over that call. They detach, looser everyday you're around as I consume your sweet, sweet love, and then fall out into the pit of compassion I hold for you. It's not enough.

You wanted my quick wit, and my intelligence. So for you, I'd chip back the fragments of my skull to offer my brain. You can keep my thoughts and ideas. My teeth are hanging on by a thread now. When will enough be enough?

I peel off my skin, so you'd forever be wrapped in my warmth even when you face the cold, for your greed is not an inconvenience to me. My love is that great.

My two front teeth are floating in the pool of blood concealed behind my closed-lips. I can't spit it out in fear of disgusting you.

You wanted more, so I gave you my pretty collarbones to forever look at. I offer my bloodied feet from dancing, so you'd be able to do the same.

I have nothing to offer but my shredded organs. I offer my stomach, so you'd have more room to consume me. For your greed is not an inconvenience to me.

You take

And you take

Till there is my bleeding soul left.

My teeth fall out one by one, yet I smile with quivering lips. Tears dribble out of my empty, bloody sockets while I continue to choke on my love for you. It's overwhelming for you to watch through my eyes, so you take my tear ducts to avoid watching me cry.

You take

And you take.

The greed swelling.

You take

And you take

Till there is nothing left.

Then comes the day, where you say I'm "too used up" and "too spent," after sucking my life essence dry, chewing me down to the rind.

Then comes the day that you'll walk away

Nothing but a puddle of my blood and teeth left behind.

✎ 𝐬.𝐩.