𝟬𝟬𝟭. the beginning of the end

chapter one
the beginning of the end

   GABRIELLA MAYFIELD KNEW the end of the world was starting the moment Percy Jackson returned to camp

She was sitting with her half sister, Silena Beauregard, on the front steps of the Aphrodite Cabin. Her boyfriend Charlie Beckendorf was sent to get Percy and help him destroy the Princess Andromenda, the ship for Kronos. Gabriella comforted Silena, who was very panicked. Her jet black hair was a mess, and she completely skipped doing her makeup, which was completely unlike her.

"He's going to be okay, Sil," Gabriella wrapped an arm around her. Silena looked at her trying to smile, but failed.

"I don't know, Gab," She admitted. "I have a really bad feeling about this,"

Suddenly, they saw a bunch of campers running to the dining pavilion. Gabriella was able to hear them saying, "They're back!". The sisters exchanged looks, and stood up. They ran with the crowd and in to the pavilion. Gabriella pushed past some campers to get a clear view of what was happening. Percy stood in front besides Chiron. He looked tired, and like he's seen a lot of trouble.

But where was Beckendorf? Gabriella's heart dropped, realizing what could've happened.

"You okay, Merboy?" She asked him concernedly.

"Percy!" Chiron exclaimed. "Thank the gods. But where..."

Annabeth Chase came soon after him. She glanced at Gabriella for a moment, then focused on Percy.

Ever since last summer, things have been a teensy bit off between them.

Kissing your best friend, confessing your love for them, and then them shooing you away and running off does that to a friendship. They had barely spoken to each other during the school year, which was very unlike them. Gabriella attended a highschool in New York with Percy, while Annabeth went back to San Francisco. They iris messaged sometimes, but that was it.

During this summer, Gabriella and Annabeth managed to find there usual rhythm, and completely ignore what happened the previous summer. But of course, there have been plenty of awkward moments. (Especially having to do with a certain red head named Rachel Dare...but she'd rather not get into that)

"What happened?" Annabeth grabbed his arm. "Is Luke—"

"The ship blew up," Percy answered. "He wasn't destroyed. I don't know where—"

"Where's Charlie?" Silena demanded, walking up to them. She looked around like her boyfriend might be hiding.

Percy glanced at Chiron helplessly.

The old centaur cleared his throat. "Silena, my dear, let's talk about this at the Big House—"

"No," Silena muttered. "No. No."