𝟬𝟬𝟯. i've never heard silence quite this loud

chapter three
i've never heard silence quite this loud

                           chapter three         i've never heard silence quite this loud

  MELODY DIDN'T CONSIDER HERSELF much of a fighter. Yeah, she knew how to use a bow, and was decent at a sword, but she didn't really like engaging in fights or arguments unless she really had to.

In this case, she unfortunately had to. Michael was being an insufferable pain in her ass, deciding it would be fun to curse the Ares kids to rhyme nonstop. Melody did not partake in that activity, since she didn't feel like getting pulverized.

After teaching archery lessons, she was immediately confronted with her siblings being chased by rhyming Ares kids. She fought back a groan, as she saw Michael, dodging a camper trying to stab him. In the distance, she saw Gabriella, Annabeth, and Percy walking by, witnessing the whole scene.

Melody walked over, and yanked Michael by the arm. "Come on, Mike," She muttered, whisking the 4'6 foot boy away.

Michael glared at her, trying to get himself out her grasp. "Melody let me go."

"So you can go taunt that guy some more? No." Melody glared back. "We have been going at this for what? Two weeks? There are more things to worry about than some stupid fucking chariot." They made their way to the Apollo cabin. Luckily, it was empty, so none of their siblings were there to witness it.

As they entered, Michael finally shook off Melody's arm, looking up at her in disbelief. "Stupid fucking chariot? You think that's what it is?"

"Well compared to everything else that's gonna happen, yeah!" Melody shot back, narrowing her eyes. "We're going to be fighting for our lives, and the Ares cabin isn't even going to help."

Michael scoffed. "We deserve this chariot, Chiron even said we could have it."

Melody rolled her eyes, and crossed her arms. "Can we just... not engage with the Ares kids like this?"

"What do you want us to do? Go sing some consensus song at the campfire?" Michael asked sarcastically. "It's not like we're the ones starting the fights."

"It was literally your idea to curse them with rhymes." Melody pointed out simply. "And I'm going to admit, some of them were pretty creative. Did you know that fucking bitch, could be rhymed with—"

"We had to do what we had to do!" Michael yelled, irritatedly. Melody flinched in surprise, not liking how loud his voice was raised.

Michael noticed, and immediately softened. He took a breath to calm down. "Look, I'm sorry. I know you hate arguing... it's just," He sighed, sitting down on his bed. "It's been rough, you know? Being head councilor. Lee didn't prepare me enough for this shit."