- Messages -

We're all downstairs in the kitchen while Jackie's upstairs in her room. I get up to grab something the drink when I suddenly hear my phone buzz. I look at it and see it says, "Unknown number has sent a message." I ignore it and shut off my phone and go continue what I was about to do. When I go back I sit down and Isaac turns to look at me, "Who texted you?" He asks me.
"No idea. I'm just gonna ignore it, it's probably some scam." I respond.
"Probably." He says while putting his hand on my thigh under the table. I look down and then look up back and him.
"Isaac you realize the point of this whole secret relationship is that it's supposed to be a secret." I mumble at him so he can only hear me.
"No one's gonna look under the table. Plus my hands just on your thigh what's so wrong about that?" He responds. I scoff in response and continue eating.
"Seriously Lee that's what you're eating?" Aunt Katherine asks Lee.
"It's a a ham and mushroom pizza. It's like, all the food groups." He responds and Jackie comes downstairs into the kitchen.
"Morning." She says quietly while smiling and holding a tea pot in her hand.
"Morning Jackie!" Katherine says back. "Oh! I got you more tea bags their in the cabinet right next to the coffee beans." She adds.
"Hey, mom?" Danny asks Aunt Katherine.
"Mhm?" She responds.
"I have Drama Club after school today, and then we're gonna go to Monty's. So I'm gonna miss dinner, okay?" He informs her.
"Okay, honey."
"Yeah I'm working late at Tony's, so, uh, I'm gonna miss dinner as well." Cole says.
"Wait, really..?" Katherine asks.
"Yeah, he's been really busy." Cole says and then Parker knocks over Jackie's tea pot. All you hear is a loud shatter.
"Parker, be careful!" Katherine exclaims while speed walking to the sink.
"It was an accident!" Parker yells back and walks away with her plate of toast.
"Oh god." Katherine says looking at the sink. "I'm so sorry." She says to Jackie.
"It's okay." Jackie responds.
"Okay, everybody we need to be outside in 15 minutes so let's go." Katherine says while everyone looks at her. Then Jackie runs upstairs with tears in her eyes.
"Shit. I should check on her or something." I say to Isaac. But as I get up he grabs my wrist pulling me back down into my seat.
"She's probably wanting to be alone right now. I'd check on her later." he says slightly smiling.
"You're right.." I say. After we finish our food, we get our backpacks and walk outside into the car.

At school me and Isaac are at our lockers as usual, getting out stuff. "Hey, what if that message was important?" He asks.
"What do you mean, important?" I ask back.
"I don't know. I just have a really bad gut feeling you'll regret it or something." He responds.
"Fine. If you really wanna check it we can when we get home." I say chuckling.
"Alright. You know what else we should do when we get home." He says asking.
"What..." I say suspiciously.
"Tell Lee. About, you know, us." He says whispering the last part.
"Why?" I ask.
"He kept questioning me at home on why we were so, apparently, touchy." He says scoffing.
"Oh. Well in that case yes, we will tell him." I say laughing.
"Alright. Well I'll see you next period. Text me, love you." He says smiling.
"Bye, love you too!" I say smiling back.

[ Later on in the day ]
"Where the hell is she!" I mumble under my breath and bang on my locker door.
"Where's who?" Isaac asks me while walking up to his locker.
"Jackie! She said she would meet me here before lunch!" I respond pissed.
"Calm down. Cole was going to this dumb thing Dylan was doing at his lake house or whatever. He probably took Jackie." He says trying to calm me down.
"I thought Jackie never missed school." I say sarcastically.
"Well you saw how her day was beginning as, I wouldn't be surprised if she took a break." He responds raising his eyebrows.
"Hey, wanna eat outside it seems like a good day outside." I ask him trying to get things off my mind.
"Sure. Come on let's get lunch." He says putting his arm around my shoulder and together we walk to lunch.
After we get out lunch we walk outside and sit on one of the tables outside. We talk about stuff and we complement each other. No one seems to hear us so we talk how normal couples would talk to each other.
"Hey, what do we do if people start to catch on..?" I ask him.
"Tell them the truth or lie about it. Your choice to be honest." He responds.
"Alright," I say and smile at him, he smiles back.