- Thanksgiving -

"Good morning!" Me and Nathan said at the same time as we walked into the kitchen, Jackie walking behind us.
"Hey, guys, There's pancakes." George says in response.
"Just coffee for me. Thanks." Jackie says to him.
"Didn't you run this morning?" Katherine asks Nathan.
"Yeah, three miles, even with a headache." He responds.
"Another one?" She asks.
"Yeah, always happens when it turns cold." He responds again.
"Well you definitely need to eat something." She says to him. I shove some of my pancake into my mouth and turn to look at Alex with pancake filling the inside of my cheeks. He chuckles.
"You look like a squirrel!" He says still chuckling. I giggle and continue eating.
"Hey. These'll work." George says to Katherine holding up the pans to show her.
"We're gonna brine turkeys in those?" She asks in response.
"They're sixteen pounds! It's all we got!" He says to her chuckling. Isaac grabs a plate and grabs his food.
"Hey," I say to him smiling.
"Hi," he says smiling back.
"Hey, Isaac, you might wanna swap out the leather and get a warmer coat, alright. It's 80% chance of snow today, guys" George informs Isaac and everyone else.
"Sometimes you have to sacrifice comfort for style. Like this leather jacket says 'tough, chill, smooth.' You getting it?" Isaac says in response. I chuckle and Isaac turns to look at me, then winks at me.
"Frostbite also says, 'tough, chill,' and, 'smooth.' You get it?" George says to Isaac as Isaac sits down at the table next to me. I fear Uncle George may have gagged my lovely boyfriend.
"Did you hear from our dad? Do you know what time he's calling tomorrow?" Lee asks George.
"Yeah, it's at eleven o'clock." George responds.
"Jackie, do you wanna make anything for tomorrow? Around here everybody makes one dish and then we all add it to the meal." Katherine asks Jackie.
"Yeah, one thing." Parker says glaring at Jordan. I laugh.
"Except me!" Jordan says defending himself.
"What are you doing?" Isaac asks Lee while Lee does something on his watch.
"Setting my alarm." Lee responds. I nudge Isaac.
"Hey, let him be. You know how excited he gets when your guy's dad calls." I whisper to him. He just slightly nods in response.
"Well, I make two turkeys, obviously." I hear George say to Jackie while chuckling.
"So if there are any Howard family traditions, I can pick up the ingredients." Katherine assures Jackie.
"Yeah, pick your favorite thing." George adds.
"Oo! Jackie! You could help me out with my croissants!" I exclaim smiling at her. She turns to look at me and smiles back.
"Thanks but, I'll pass, if that's okay." She says still smiling but looking at Katherine.
"Sure." George says. George and Katherine start whispering about something but no one can hear.
"Alright, everybody, eat up. We gotta go." Katherine tells everyone.

At school everything's the same. Well, except for me and Isaac secretly dating. With Lee knowing, obviously.
I can't help but get distracted by the fact my mother, well, the person who was supposed to be my mother but failed to do so, texted me. I try to ignore it the best I can. I've lived such a good life so far without her. I don't need her. I just need the Walters.
School ends and we finally get to have four days off of school. The best part is that I only have two assignments to get done.

The next day we're all awake and George, Danny, and I are in the kitchen. I'm finishing the croissants that I started yesterday night, while Danny and George are cooking their dishes and acting like this is a competition.
"You guys are ridiculous!" Katherine says to Danny and George while smiling.
"What?" George asks.
"This isn't a competition." She responds.
"I know." George says back.
"Sure it is." Cole says while grabbing a bowl.
"Says the guy who contributes a carton of vanilla ice cream every year." Danny says to Cole. Cole chuckles in responds.
"Yeah. kinda getting sick of that. You should get Strawberry or chocolate chip cookie dough next time." I say to Cole.
"And I'm "kinda" getting sick of You're croissants." Cole says sarcastically.
"Oh shut up, you know you absolutely love my croissants." I say slapping his arm. He laughs and walks to the refrigerator.
"Mom?" Alex says as he gets coffee.
"Yeah?" Katherine asks in response.
"Um, Nathan and I are going to the Summerhill's."
"Oh, okay." She responds smiling. "Don't be gone too long though. This is like one of the only days we all get to spend together." She adds and Jackie walks down the stairs. "Are you going too?" She asks Jackie.
"Where?" Jackie asks as she turns around to face everyone in the kitchen.
"Skylar's dad's doing a talk on the real history of Thanksgiving." Alex informs her.
"I can't. I'm doing good drive delivery's." She says.
"Well, I'm gonna need you all home by 2:00." Katherine announces to Nathan, Alex, and Jackie.
"I'm not sure how long delivers will take, so don't wait for me cause I can grab leftovers when I get home." Jackie says and both George and Katherine sigh.