Chapter 2

Ayato had explained to me that his mother had made him be the best in everything, she didn't even let him play. He said that his mother, Cordelia, had said that if he wasn't the best he was worthless. I wondered how a mother could be so cruel. Then again, his mother had been a vampire. I just woke up so I'm going to take a shower. I need to get used to living with several people and getting along with them.

I'm out of the shower now and I have to get down to eat breakfast. Unfortunately, about halfway to the dining room, I find myself face-to-face with Kanato Sakamaki. As always, he is wearing his creepy smile, and hug-carrying his Teddy. "G-good m-morning, Kanato" I stutter. He is always creeping me out, the way he talks to his Teddy and the shadows under his eyes that are caused by his deprivation of sleep. "Good morning, (Y/N)," he greets me, "I'm a bit hungry, you know. I haven't had breakfast. Perhaps...you could feed my first meal of the night?" "I'm afraid I have to refuse. I haven't had breakfast, either,"I say with a slight chuckle. "YOU CAN'T REFUSE! I WASN'T ASKING FOR YOUR PERMISSION!"he yells at me. Before I can even think of apologizing, he is on top of me on the ground,"Now...where shall I start?"
"Kanato, perhaps you should wait till I have eaten, then I'll be less likely to faint," I say, thinking he wouldn't want me fainting and having to deal with me afterwards. He seems to consider my words for a while but before he can say anything, Ayato appears."Oi, Kanato, get off her! She's my prey!" With that he throws Kanato off of me and pulls me up by my left wrist. He drags me down the stairs, but instead of going into the dining room he goes to the living room. "How dare you allow someone besides Yours Truly suck your blood!"he demands. I immediately reply,"I was trying to get him to let me go and planning on hiding from him after breakfast." I say all of this calmly, knowing that all he wants is to see me terrified and begging on my knees for mercy. "Tch...of course...like any vampire could be outsmarted by a wimpy mortal like you,"he snorts. I almost snap back at him but remember that that's just what he wants me to do. I turn around to leave but he grabs me by the waist and throws me on the couch. I'm wearing a short tank top so his hand touches my bare skin. I am suddenly alert and ready to fight back. My body tenses up, for he has touched an intimate spot. He senses my tensed up body and looks at me with a quizzical look on his face. "Forgot to tell you yesterday...I'm a black belt in karate,"I say with a smile. Luckily he hasn't gotten a hold of my wrists yet and I am able to punch him right in the face. The punch gets him off of me and also gives me a chance to escape. I hastily run to the dining room, for I know he wont attack me there because Reiji doesn't allow such actions in such places. The punch I gave him would give me about a one minute head start on a normal human, but I don't know about a vampire. Fortunately, I'm able to get to the dining room without him catching me or looking like I just ran from a crime scene. I sit down and begin eating. Ayato arrives shortly after me. Blood is dripping from his nose. Guess I hit him hard. He has furious look on his face. I know he isn't going to let this go by that easily. "My, my, Ayato... What ever happened to you?"Laito says in a cooing voice. "Oh, shut up, Laito. Little black belt over there thought she would disobey Yours Truly,"he says with a glare directed towards me. "Please, shall we not discuss these matters later? After all, this is only a dining room, a room not meant for quarreling,"Reiji calmly states in his usual formal tone. I may not like him much, but he does seem to be good at keeping formal things apart from non-formal things. Ayato sits down,and, unfortunately his seat is right next to me. I really hope he doesn't try anything else that gets me tense again.