4 - Jamal

After Maverick agreed to Wonderland and eating dinner, me and Clarissa took him towards Main Street. "Here.." I gave a coin, "What's this?", "Just a token of friendship between us." He raised a brow, "So we're friends?" I nodded. And without warning, I halted, as his eyes locked onto mine.

Friends Or Not Friends

Jamal:
Well, according to my father Ali Baba had them forty friends,
He had spun tales without an end
But, Maverick, you're in luck 'cause up your sleeve
We got a brand of magic, make-believe
We got some power in our corner now
We got charm, the flair, woo-hoo, and wow all we gotta do is go down the rabbit hole

Maverick:
Just tell me is it safe?
Come on, whisper to me, is it safe

Jamal:
Yes sir indeed it is safe, we take pride as Clarissa will be our guide in our service
You're the main attraction, the next king in line,
I'm your friend
You've never had comrades like me
Go on and take a look
Would any of your friends go, Hocus Pocus, presto, gone And make your troubles disappear

Maverick:
It does seem like a wholesome dream.
But are surely sure its' safe, why don't you go first

Jamal:
I'll be right behind you don't you worry
As you've never had friends like me
You've never had mates, never had pals, you've never had friends like me!

"I don't know about this Jamal, it seems dark, maybe we can come back in the morning..", "Yeah not a chance.." I pushed Maverick as he had stumbled into the rabbit hole, the echoes of his scream started fading as he descended into Wonderland without a Wonder to bring him out. "Well, ain't that a tumble down the rabbit hole? Not sorry at all, Maverick. Wonderland awaits, and sometimes a little push is just what you need. Enjoy the ride, my friend!" I smirked and turned on my heel, "Enjoy the fall, Westergaard."

Clarissa's eyes flared with anger as she shot a piercing glare at me. "What the Wonders was that, Jamal?" she demanded, her voice cutting through the tension. I laughed, "Just a necessary twist, Clarissa. Trust me, it's all part of the plan," I looked at one of the identical coins I gave him, "All it will take it just a few minutes in there and I will be him and he will be me.", "Okay so then what's this grand plan of yours, and why did it involve shoving Maverick down a manhole and your so called lucky coins?"

I chuckled, tossing another coin in the air and catching it. "Patience, Clarissa. Wonderland isn't for the faint of heart. Maverick's in for a surprise, and so are we. Just follow the coins, and you'll see. That is if you care to join him and or join me to ruin his reputation.."