part 14

Akansh entered in. His sleeves were folded till his elbows and the top button of his white shirt was open.

Neetika was too stunned to answer him. But when he started picking up a broom, Neetika stopped him.

"Don't", she yelled and the broom fell off his hands. " I.. I mean, you are wearing a white shirt, it will get dirty. And.. What are you doing here? "

Ignoring her first sentence, Akansh picked up the broom and looked at her. "I found it wrong to leave a young woman all by herself, to clean a dirty place, especially when she is with an infant. So here I am. "

"But.. You don't do cleaning, I'll do it. " Letting her boss clean her place, felt wrong to her.

"You do not know but i'm an expert in cleaning. You just stand in a corner and see how I make this place like a five-star room. " He winked at her and started brooming from the extreme corner of the room.

Neetika looked at him, holding Prince in her arms and then an idea strikes her mind where she can help Akansh and take care of her Prince as well.

She started wiping the floor with the sweeper where Akansh was done with brooming.

"I am doing it Neetika. " His voice stern and firm, but it bought no effect to her.

"Jaldi ho jayega. " She smiled at him and started cleaning along with him.

"Aree Neetika! " Came her landlord's voice and Neetika froze in her place. Akansh looked at Neetika to know who is there on the door and before She could ask him to hide somewhere, the old woman entered.

"Ye Rajendra hai kya? "

The three adults looked at each other in confusion but when the strict eyes of the old woman met the soft ones of Neetika, she nodded her head.

"Yes, he is Rajendra. "

"But... " Akansh tried to speak but Neetika stopped him as she questioned the old lady.

"Aapne kaise pehchana inhe? " She asked, faking a smile.

The old lady looked proud of herself and took a deep breath. "Ye baal aise hi dhup me nahi safed kiye hain...

Kal mausam kharab tha, toh tumhe dekhne aayi thi, par phir tumhe inke saath dekha. Mai samajh gyi ki tumhara pati as gya hoga aaj. " The color drained from Neetika's face.

Was the name of her husband, that she told the landlord, was Rajendra? And if it was, then why did she made Akansh as Rajendra?..

Why did she felt like she created a new problem for herself?

"Phir tum raat bhar gayab bhi thi, subah bhi nahi aayi.. Toh zarur pati ke sath hi hogi na, aise gair mard ke sath thori na koi puri raat rehta hai dono. Ek baat bole beti? " The old woman chided.

Neetika nodded. Because in the back of her mind, she wanted only her landlord to speak, so that she can avoid those specific pair of eyes which were fixed on her.

"Aadmi acha hai tumhara, jo tumhari madad kar rha hai ghar ki saaf safai me. Varna toh ek mera aadmi, din bhar baitha rahega lekin ek glass idhar ka udhar nahi karta. Khair choro, ab toh tumhara pati yahi rahega na? " She spoke again and Neetika shook her head.

"Inka kaam bahar hai na aunty, toh ye chale jaayenge. Voh toh bas abhi hi aaye the. " Neetika replied, nervously and Akansh who was still trying to understand everything, added something from his side too.

"Jii aunty jii. " He smiled brightly at the old woman who smiled back at him nodding her head.

"Khush raho dono. Kal jara uncle se bhi mil lena dono, unhe vishwas ho jaye ki ye shaadi shuda hi hai. "