part 17

The update is not showing in the notifications so had to re publish.

There stood her landlord and her husband with all their glory, and looking at them with strict faces. For a moment, Neetika and Akansh feared if they came to know about their truth.

"Let me handle. " Akansh whispered to Neetika before going towards the old couple and bending down to touch their feet.

When they blessed him, both Neetika and Akansh relaxed.

"Ye mehangi gaadi tumhari hai? " The old man asked and before Akansh could tell them an yes, Neetika interrupted.

"Nahi. Itni mehangi gaadi inki kaise ho sakti hai, inke boss ki hai. Voh bhi yahin ke hain, aur aaye the yaha apni family se Milne, toh unhi ki gaadi le aaye ye. Ab ye jaayenge unhe leke vaapas. " She explained.

"Abhi? " The lady asked and they both nodded. "Laao apne boss ka number, bolti hu ki ek toh miya biwi ko alag rakhte hain, or phir subah jaldi bhi bula lete hain. Beta tum jhukha mat kro unke saamne. " She said sternly.

"Par naukri ka sawal hai, agar nikal diya inhe naukri se, toh kaise kaam chalega? " Neetika said , acting gloomy.

"Naukri? Are uski chinta na karo tum log. Hum intezam kara denge. Mahine ke 20,000 rupaye milenge. Aur kya hi chahiye.. " The man told proudly.

"Jii uncle dhyan rakhenge. " Akansh stopped Neetika from speaking further. He was deeply embarrassed how they were discussing about his employment, when he himself gave the same to the people.

"Or aunty, " He turned to the lady. "Abhi phone aayega sir ka, tab jaana hai. Aap baat na kariye unse thik. Thank you. "

Before someone can say a word more, Akansh took Neetika's free hand in his and pulled her with himself to the lift.

"Hasshhh!! " Akansh dramatically wiped his forehead as if he was cleaning the sweat after a long hard work. "Kitne jhooth bolne padte hain.. "

Neetika scrunched her eyes and looked at him sharply. "Kisne bola aapse itne jhooth bolne ke liye. Mujhe toh lagta hai ki aapko maza aati hai jhooth bolne me.."

"Ek minute. " Neetika widened her eyes after concluding something. "Aap itni safaai se jhooth bolte hain, kahi koi... Gadbad toh nahi? "

"Like? " He questioned.

"Like.. Are you real Akansh Gupta? You are not faking it right? "

Akansh looked at her weirdly when he noticed her eyes shining with mischief and lips threatening to laugh. He narrowed his eyes at her, before giving a fake laugh.

"Nice joke, don't do again. "

Neetika rolled her eyes and turned her attention to her baby.

___

Neetika came out of her bathroom, after a long shower that erased her sleep enough to prepare something for Akansh and herself, and started combing her long hair.

While she was busy combing, she could hear the gibberish voice of Prince from outside the room i.e. the terrace, and she smiled thinking how happy he is with Akansh.

After getting to know about Akansh's past, she realised Akansh was not just her boss, he was more than that. Maybe a friend with whom she can share all her worries, and vice versa.

She had developed a soft corner for Akansh, knowing his life was not as easy as she always thought to be and he had bear immense pain in his life as well. And the only thing she now prayed was, his happiness.

When she was done braiding her hair, she applied the Kohl in her eyes and a light lip tint on her lips. She put a small black bindi on her forehead and smiled at her reflection, before going out to check on the duo.