18. Sin City and Pain (part 2)

PARIS KILLIAN'S POV

It was the hell of my life.

The white on the walls gave me a bit of comfort. This would've been more terrifying if the room had been dark, so dreadfully disturbing.

I compell my hands to take of the dress, I am scared. Varynus spoke casually about ending my life, it makes me wonder how twisted must one's soul be to very easily take another person's life. Jonathan kept talking about how they don't punish innocent people, it's hard to believe that someone like Varynus is even capable of mercy.

Why am I the exception?

For once they decide to hurt an innocent person and it just has to be me? Truly?

I don't believe it.

May be Jonathan has some faith in this family but something tells me that Varynus has harmed alot more people who aren't even guilty of anything.

I stripped.

Leaving only my undergarments.

I felt vulnerable.

I'd never been naked Infront of anyone before.

Any man, and now I'm here, standing before two individuals, with nothing but a cotton fabric on my breasts.

"Take it ALL off." Varynus spoke.

His voice I've grown to hate.

It paralyses me.

He makes my blood run cold.

"Uncle, does she really have to?" Jonathan questioned bitterly.

I'm not sure why he cares about what happens to me. I don't know him. And he doesn't know me. And after all this, I'm not sure we'll ever get a chance to really know each other. In a strange way, him being in here makes me feel less alone.

I did as told.

I slowly guided myself into taking everything off.

And I stood there, complete bare, chills on my bones, anguish in my soul.

I've never felt more helpless in my life.

These past couple hours, following last night's tragedy have been the worst in my life. And it's like they've been going on for forever. It truly seems like months have gone by but it's only been twelve hours since I first saw Malcolm on my door step.

He was the grim reaper.

And Varynus is my death.

I figured if I'm going to die today, I may as well look right into the eyes of the man who'd take my life. So I raised my head, and I met Varynus' winter stare.

It was as though looking straight into the devil.

Into the night.

He held my gaze.

Varynus Galyner has the type of stare that can intimidate anyone, make you bend the knee, he has a powerful aura. It makes my stomach turn and my insides curl.