𝟏- 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥.

It was a warm July day. The Merchant section, where i'm from was a ghost town. I guess that everyone is out at the Hob. My family owns a Coal shop, which occasionally takes notice from the Capitol. I was walking through, looking at the passing shops, the small Mellark Bakery, the clothes shop, which was all second hand from people in the Merchant, the Sweet shop, which i could only dream of affording.

I finally walk up to the shop and I'm greeted by my mother. I walk towards her and Hug her, a form of endearment that can be done without speaking. "Peony, You can go home, things here are particularly slow today, i can close up." I thank her and I leave, but i dont go home. I go to the Hob. I was never allowed to go to the Hob, My parents said that it was full of people from the seam who have no money.

I walk through the town centre, and head to the Hob. It was packed, and to my surprise I see my best friend behind a stall- Jackson. I walk to his stall, which seems to have animal carcasses, which I couldn't identify to save my life. "Hey!" he says and follows up with "What are you doing here? You've never had any interest in coming here?" I couldn't argue with that. "Just fancied a walk, do you want to go under the fence with me? I left my axe over there?" I ask.

"Let me finish up here, then sure." I stroll over to an array of random stalls. I turn to my left and see Haymitch Abernathy at the white liquor stall. The arena changed him, he's always wasted now. He was arguing with a small frail lady when she refused to give him the liquor. I  walk over to the stall next door, slipping unnoticed.

"give me the liquor!" he shouted. "You're gonna drink me dry!" she shouted back.

"Fine!" he shoved her and stormed out. I looked at the stall, 1 bottle for 1 coin. I go over and make sure the ladies alright. "I was wondering if I could have 2 bottles?"  I ask. She hands me the liquor and I reach in my pocket and give her four coins. "Keep the change." i shout as walk out the Hob, to my left was a wasted Haymitch. "Sorry she didn't give you that liquor." I say, his head darts round in paranoia. He grunts.

"Maybe this might help though." and I pass him the Liquor. "Try and keep dry after that bottle though." I joke. He snatches it and says his thanks.

"What are you doing here? you don't belong here." he asks, slurring his words. "fancied a change, I guess."

''No person buys a random drunkie liquor because they fancied a change, your a good one.'' He says.

''Your not bad yourself, Abernathy.''

Our interaction was cut short when Jackson shouted at me. "Ready Peony? Let's go!"

Jackson and I walked along to the fence, and walked alongside it until we got to the butchers, where the hole we dug let us underneath. The fence wasn't on, It's meant to be electrically powered, but it's never on. we crawled underneath like rodents. "do you remember where you left your axe?" asks Jackson. "Behind that tree." I respond and point to a tree about  60 metres away. He nods and suggests he stays where he is, since he doesn't know where it was. I agreed and went to the big oak tree I left it under. as I grab my axe, I turn around to see no Jackson. nothing.

I shout his name "Jackson! This isn't funny! I'm leaving now, have fun." no answer. I decided he probably went back over, so I slid under the fence elegantly. I walked into the town centre. nowhere. Went to the Hob, nowhere. I see him, 100 metres away. I shriek. He's on the Hanging tree. I don't think I've run faster. "Jackson no!" I scream. I push my way to the front, "Let him go!" I shriek. "Jackson Allen is sentenced to death, going into the woods is strictly forbidden, poaching is forbidden." I hear the peacekeeper announce. "That's bullshit!" I scream. "Who even are you!" I shout. "Commander Dovecote, if you're not careful, it'll be you up here!" he shouts back. The rope snapped, soon after, followed his neck.