𝟒- 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥?

I did not have to guess who this was. I knew exactly who. Once he had left, I got up from the sofa corner I was curled up on, readjusted my balance and walked to his room. I loiter outside the door, before I open it. ''That was quick, sweetheart.'' Haymitch says. I walk into his room, unsurprisingly, it was massive.

I walk to where he was sat, on his bed. ''so.'' I awkwardly say, trying to fill the tension. ''I, erm, start training tomorrow, any advice?'' I ask, again, awkwardly. ''Stay alive.'' He says under his breathe. His face neared mine, His mousy brown hair brushing against my forehead. His soft lips now interlocking mine, puzzle pieces fitting each other. The kissing continued with short intervals for breathing. I felt giddy, butterflies in my stomach weren't just fluttering, they were bouncing. The electricity between us increased, everything becoming passionate.

He pulled away after the last kiss. ''Go get some sleep, trainings tomorrow.'' He said in a wind up tone. I walk to the door, have one final look at his smirk, he winks. As soon as I got outside that door, I let my impulses overtake me as I put my hands over my face, hiding my grin. I take a breath to compose myself. The grin creeps back though. I head over to my room, I take a fresh set of pyjamas, undress and place the pyjamas over my flushed body. It then hit me. This was the first time I was myself since the day of Jacksons death.

The past week has been a complete blur, messing around with Haymitch, being a cow to Elenia, not really talking to Darkk. I have not been a decent person since Jacksons death, He made me decent, I think? What would 12 have to say about everything? A crazy girl going into the games. Does she have any hope at all?

These thoughts bounced around for hours, but a smile always crept back into my face from the moment with Haymitch. When I finally dozed off, It was to the thought of Haymitch's lips on mine. I was awoke by Elenia at the grand time of 6:45. ''Wake up, Training starts today!'' She squeals. I rub my eyes. Elenia was about a foot away from me, tutting.

''Breakfast in 15 minutes, I expect you to be up and ready.'' She nags and shortly leaves. Half asleep, I find that Elenia had placed my training outfit on the armchair. The training outfit consisted of a dark blue training shirt, the same every year, with a white stripe on the delayed end to the arm holes. It rested on my elbows. The stripe was continued down the front of the costume, and led onto my trousers. They were like yoga pants.

I change into my uniform, and brush my hair into a slicked back ponytail. My hair was my least favourite thing ever. Its so much effort, My mum used to do my hair. Anything I do takes me back to Home, good memories, bad memories, I remember it all too well. I meet everyone at the breakfast table, Darkk wearing the same uniform, his ginger hair sticking out like a sore thumb.

''So, What your gonna do is, focus on the survival today, and, if you manage to gain some skills, we can talk about weapons.'' Haymitch advises. Darkk's eyes lit up when Haymitch mentioned weapons. "Peony, Sweetheart, focus on survival, if it comes to it, practice a new weapon, but don't prioritise it." I nod. "Stay away from the axes." He instructs.

''So, Darkk, are you alright?'' I ask, attempting to make small talk.

''Fine, thanks. How did you sleep?'' He answers. ''That's good then. I slept fine, thank you.'' I reply. The conversation dies down. I have my usual breakfast, croissants, fruit and toast. I ate well in twelve, not this well, but well, more then most of district 12. ''I'll walk you down at 7:30, training starts at 8!'' Elenia exclaims. ''That's a whole half hour early? Will anyone actually be there?'' I ask. ''Oh yes, all us escorts love to early!'' Elenia retorts.

''Do you understand what you need to do, sweetheart?'' Haymitch asks, I nod. ''You have 2 days of training then your evaluation, and the interviews.'' Haymitch explains. ''What am I going to say in the interviews?'' asks Darkk.