𝟑- 𝐜𝐨𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐭

Haymitch compromising his sleep for a ''wacko seizure thing'' meant a lot. I walked to the main living quarters, what lied outside the window? The outskirts of my place of death. ''Take it all in, Sweetheart.'' Haymitch says. Darkk comes running out as we near the train station. ''Oh my god!'' Darkk exclaims, as he joins Elenia, Haymitch and I at the table, The food was exquisite, The pastries, something called a 'croissant' Was my favourite. ''Its an ancient dish from a place called France, 1000 years ago!'' Elenia exclaims.

Her hair changed from the previous dark brown to a coral, peach colour, I'm guessing that's the colour of the year. ''Nice hair'' Haymitch jokes. ''Yeah, It really brings out your eyes!'' I say, carrying on the joke. Our little game had been cut short with a Horn sounding outside. ''Go say hello, Sweetheart!'' Haymitch says. I walk to the window and wave, Darkk on the other window. I wave like a little child. I smile, I throw flirtatious smirks around.

This would be my tactic to win over the audience, desire. I'm escorted off the train by Elenia, We filter through the crowds to the car that awaited the four of us. Elenia sat in the front, Haymitch, Darkk and I sat in the back, Haymitch and I together. I fiddle with my thumbs, trying to stop them from shaking. Eventually I give up about 5 minutes in the car journey, I let my hands shake. Haymitch sees this, ''Don't have some fit, Hamston.'' Haymitch laughs. I smile, but the shaking gets worse. Haymitch grabs my hand to stop the shaking. After the car journey, Darkk and I get escorted to a room, where they prep the tributes. They strip me, I'm bare naked. I try and compose the sheet to give me some dignity.

They shave any body hair I did have, they paint my nails specks of black, give my hair painful massages, cut my hair, hose me down. I felt like a canvas, but if the canvas was the wrong shape, size and abnormal. Hours went by, I sat there, exposed. After the stylists finished their repair job, they threw me a robe and I slipped it on. They walked me to the elevator, ''Make sure to press the 2A button and make a left.'' I nod, I call the elevator up and I wait for 5 minutes. I wrap my hands around my stomach to feel some sort of privacy.

The awaited ding finally arrives, the doors open and Haymitch lies behind them.  ''That's an outfit, angel.'' He mocks. He comes out from the elevator. ''Trust me, I know.'' I reply jokingly. He walked past and laughed, I walk into the elevator and press the button. '2A'. The elevator whizzed me down in milliseconds.

The elevator comes to a halt, and there was the familiar ding.  I get out the elevator, and see a pack of massive careers, fully costumed. ''Is that what your wearing to the tribute parade! what an impression!'' one mocks. ''Yes, because you would know all about making good impressions wouldn't you?'' I retort. I just walk off. If I die, it's definitely going to be down to those 6 tributes. I take a left and see a woman, bright coral clothes. Well that's the colour of the season. ''Lovely to meet you, Peony.'' she says. ''Lets get you into the room then!'' she then exclaims. I follow her into the room. ''So, what's your name?'' I ask.

''Priscilla! Thank you for asking.'' ''Well, It's lovely to meet you, Priscilla.'' I say. She indicates for me to strip off my robe, So I comply. I stand there, her examining my body, throwing a few nods here and there. ''So, what's my outfit then?'' I ask, attempting to break the awkward silence. ''Coal dust, It's never been done before, I'd like to attempt it.'' she explains. ''So, I'll be covered in dust with no clothes?'' I ask outraged. Why would she do that?  ''Look, you'll have a mesh covering things!' 'she says, I huff.

She gets me into my costume, The mesh was covering nothing, I was coal dust, I never felt more exposed. She sat me down in a stylist chair, and a Hairstylist comes to do my hair,

''Good job they trimmed it. Saves me a job.'' she says. She makes it wavy and adds coal specs into the end of the unrecognisable hair. After an hour, She finishes. I sighed in relief after she left, no more sitting down. That relief stayed for half a second before a makeup artist walks in. I huff back into the stylist chair. She does intense eyeliner, black freckles. How long could this possibly take. I make no attempt at small talk. I was bored of talking to people who made me look dirty. She finishes and no-one walks in apart from an Avox delivering food. I sit on the bed, eating bread rolls, tastes like home.