Him

The morning after my "old fashioned" night I was feeling great. I could barely believe that. I tested myself for anxiety signs: none. I checked for symptoms of depression or hypomania: nothing. My hands explored my head until they identified the band, and it was all right. I remembered: the Von Neumann Link was active, and I did not need my medications to feel fine.

I could not care less about the physics behind this marvel! I was fine! No antidepressants, and I was up and running – or, at least, ready to run! No anxiolytics, and I was not afraid of anything! No mood stabilizers, and I was fucking fine!

I had taken a week off, just in case. So, I had quite a few days ahead of me during which I would be able to do whatever I wanted to. Suddenly a doubt struck me: how could I be sure that my revolutionized state of mind was actually being induced by the link? Should have I tried to remove the headband? Would have I felt worse? I took off my headband and I immediately felt like I was falling down a hole. I mean physically. I felt a kind of vertigo, and then I was not in control of my limbs anymore! I did not want to go any further, so I put my headband back on, and it felt like taking a shower after a mud fight and wearing my best shirt and suit, tailor-made.