007. cardigan

❝ you drew stars around my scars
but now i'm bleeding ❞
cardigan, taylor swift

Serin looked at the dress again, her hands moving through the fabric as if it would make a difference (she'd been doing it for the past five minutes)

Serin looked at the dress again, her hands moving through the fabric as if it would make a difference (she'd been doing it for the past five minutes). It was easily one of the prettiest dresses she'd ever seen in her life, with an opening on each side of the design and a skirt that seemed to come out of Serin's (horrible, as she'd often describe it — her art talent was restricted to music) childhood fashion drawings, or at least what she wanted it to look like.

"If you keep it in your hand for one more minute I'm going to kick you out of this store", Taeyang whispered behind her, but she had already felt his presence, so it didn't scare her. Serin instead pouted, tilting her head to the side as if she was analyzing it. "Just buy it. It's your style."

"It is not. I've never used anything like it before", Serin noted, looking briefly behind her to meet her friend's eyes, who raised one eyebrow as if daring her to say anything else. Everything was easy for Taeyang when it came to fashion, simply because his mantra was: if you like it, you buy it — does she have to say he's a millionaire or is it obvious?

"Doesn't mean it's not your style, Serin-ah. You should at least try it. I mean, I know you'll look stunning. Gorgeous. Beautiful. Mind-blowing—"

"I get it", Serin laughed, using her free hand to playfully shove her best friend as he laughed with her. His eyes shined in an affectionate way, reminding her that he was being genuine, although his way of showing it could be rather overwhelming sometimes. "I don't know. I just— When would I wear it? Like, I can't imagine, especially now that I have that deal with Saint Laurent, I can't use it in events."

"That's a problem for future you, not present you. Stop thinking too much ahead", Taeyang grimaced, making Serin roll her eyes, though she wasn't annoyed by her friend's behavior. "Seriously. Trust me, put it on and then you can say if you want to take it or not. I won't insist if you say no then", he raised his hand by Serin's chest height, his little finger outstretched.

Although Serin didn't need a pinky promise to know Taeyang would keep his word, she still intertwined her little finger with his. She just knew Yejun would scream at them if they saw them doing it, because according to them, "pinky promises are meant for sacred moments". Serin agreed with her, but it didn't stop her from doing it whenever Taeyang wanted to — probably because of the cute puppy eyes he'd use against her if she didn't do it.

Serin then went to the fitting room, followed by Taeyang, who stayed behind since he couldn't get in the female area. As she went and chose her cabin, she briefly wondered if Jiho and Harin had already found what the bracelet they wanted to gift Yejun — apparently they were feeling guilty for not hanging out with them so much lately. Of course Serin didn't mind correcting them by saying Yejun didn't mind it at all, because her friend was quick to tell her they still wanted the gift (and made a threat in case Serin told them, which she again didn't mind correcting by saying she wasn't scared at all, instead playing by her friend's game).