Chapter 2

Helloooo!! Since you came this far, would you mind voting or commenting? This is my first story, and I want it to be fAmOuS! Anyway, keep reading! :D

''Sophie?'' a familiar accented voice said, their voice sounding like it were miles and miles away.

Sophie's vision was slowly clearing, and she gasped with relief when she could finally feel her shock and anger. She was back in her bed at Havenfield, with Fitz and Edaline sitting next to her. Sophie tried to sit up, but her body felt like it was being sat on by a woolly mammoth.

''Take it easy, Sophie. You've been knocked out for a couple hours.'' Fitz said gently, pulling her blankets up.

''Sandor.'' She whispered, ignoring him-it was all she could think about. ''Is everybody else okay? And where's Keefe?''

Fitz and Edaline exchanged a look, ''They're all okay. The Council sent people over to where the stained glass illusion was, but they didn't find anything except Sandor's body.'' Edaline said, stroking Sophie's cheek. ''We didn't find anyone else.''

Sophie found the strength to sit up after hearing those words.

That means Elaysian has Keefe.

She leaned back and let out a sob-groan-sigh combination. So much had happened in the last few hours that it was hard to process everything. ''Can you tell everyone else to come in here?'' She asked quietly, reaching for Ella.

''Of course, Sophie. I'll go get them.'' Edaline said, leaving Sophie and Fitz alone.

''So, how are you feeling?'' Fitz asked, standing up awkwardly. It had only been a couple days since Sophie told Fitz that she liked Keefe, and their relationship was still a bit tense.

''I'm fine. I'm just worried about Keefe,'' she said, squeezing Ella tightly. Sophie pictured the look of pain on his face before they leaped away, and it made her stomach backflip from guilt. ''I still can't believe that Elaysian is an actual person.''

''Yeah. It makes me wonder what she can do with that type of power.'' He said, tearing a hand through his perfectly neat hair. ''But I think Keefe can escape from Elaysian, if he's being held captive. He's a survivor, remember?''

''How could I forget? He ran away from us twice already.''

Sophie sat up straighter as Edaline came back with Elwin, Grady, Biana, Dex, Mr. Forkle, and all twelve of the Councillors. Her normally huge bedroom felt cramped as everyone surronded her canopy bed.

''Let's get straight to the point, Sophie. What can you and your friends tell us about Elaysian?'' Councillor Emery asked. He and the other Councillors were dressed regally, with navy blue capes with gold lining.

Sophie glanced at her friends before summarizing each part of their battle with Elaysian in detail. The Councillors nodded along with her, looking more and more concerned as she went on.

Councillor Emery took a deep breath as he communicated telepathically with the other Councillors, befor turning around to face everyone in the room.

''Then it seems we were right all along. Elaysian is a human. She's the one that was planning the human-elf war, and she's the one that broke the treaty.''