Chapter Seven

Buddy 

After the fiasco of the first day, I started noticing him giving me more and more work to do. Like he thinks I can handle the workload.

The second day of work, I went into work ready to show my good work ethic. The moment I put my purse down on the desk and placed my water and lunch inside of the mini fridge, my desk phone started to ring.

Rushing to it, I pick it up. "Zara Hamilton, how may I help?"

"Zara. I come into my office."

The walk to his office is short, considering that my office is right next to his. I'm scared out of my mind as I knock on the door. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice. I hear a muffled 'come in'. With the approval of my boss, I enter the office.

Like always he looks good and he knows it too. Ughh, I hate those types of guys! Today, Ronnie had on a lavender dress shirt with black slacks. The linen shirt clinged to his impressive arm muscles. And the slacks looked about to rip near his thigh muscles, good god, he has a nice body. He sat in his big chair and swiveled around when he heard me come in. Oh man, he's a good looking man. If only he had a better attitude, I might actually crush on him. But he's my boss and I'm here to work.

"Mr.Wachler, you called me?"

"Oh, yes. Please take a seat." As I took a seat, I might've been imagining it but I saw a smile on his face. It's like he knows that I'm nervous about whatever is going to come out of his mouth. He stands up and walks over to me, perched on the edge of his desk, he angles his body towards mine. "I looked over your work from yesterday." His accessing eyes, look my way. Instantly my pulse began to quicken and I started sweating. Was it bad? Did I do it wrong? "The least to say, I'm impressed. Most of my ex-assistants didn't even reach your level of writing when they were just going through one file." Now I'm not imagining the smile on his face. A full blow out grin is shown my way.

Pride swells up in me, I've always been told I have good writing skills. "Thank you Mr. Wachler. I'm going to take that as a compliment."

His handsome face broke out into laughter, like what I said was so funny. "You should, I don't give out compliments often. But let's get down to business." He stood up and started to pace around me. "You have talent and that talent will be very useful when working with me. So, you shouldn't see me as your boss, instead you should see me as a partner. You are the first assistant in a long time that showed true potential. We are going to work very close together and spend a lot of time together. I know, I lose my shit at the smallest things but you should know that something beforehand usually causes it." The pacing stops and he faces me with a face full of nervousness. Never would I have thought Ronnie Wachler would be nervous around me, me of all people. Happiness fills my insides, he saw potential in me. He thinks we can work together and do it well.

"Okay," he visibly relaxes, "but I have a few things to lay out. Since we are trying to be 'friends' , I say friends to him in air quotations, "I will call you out on your bullshit. No offense Ronnie, but you can be very rude at times and I won't stand by it. So I'll call you out on it. Also, we both will be friendly with each other. If I'm going to spend a lot of time with you, I would rather not be forced to." I sit back in the chair and enjoy the emotions that passed over his face. I got a feeling that I was the first person to lay it all out for him.

At first he seemed shell shocked, then anger came over him. He tried to shut it down. And finally hilarity came over him. "Wow.." Sitting back at his desk, he faces me. "That's the first time anyone has ever said that to me. I suppose if we are going to be partners, we should at least be friends."