ZERO.

🏛️🏆⚔️

6 YEARS AGO

ANTONIUS WHITLOCK was not happy. he had just been walking peacefully with his daughter through one of the many museums in california when he was so rudely interrupted. he hadn't been interrupted by anything interesting either. it could've been an angry chihuahua or an annoying salesman. it could've even been an earthquake and it would be better than what had interrupted him.

he had been on the phone with an official from work discussing what materials would be good to use for his newest architecture project. right when he was about to get to the good part, he heard a sudden thud from outside the building he and his daughter were currently in. he soon felt the familiar feeling of a chill making its way up his spine. it was the feeling he got when a monster was nearby. he quickly ended the call with the official from work and looked over to his daughter.

"come on ace. we've got to go now." he said to his daughter, trying to sound calm.

a five year old nicasia turned her attention away from the statue she was looking at to her father. she then looked to her father's outstretched hand and grabbed it. she felt her necklace vibrating, ready to be used, so she wrapped her hand around it to stop the movement. antonius quickly picked up his daughter and ran out of the museum and into the streets.

nicasia looked up at her father as he carried her to their car. antonius whitlock was a dark skinned man with striking grey eyes, that seemed to hold the answers to all the questions in the world. his thick curly hair was slightly starting to grey and a pair of vintage, gold framed glasses always sat at the bridge of his nose.

flames engulfed half of the street they were on. he quickly located his car and put his daughter in the back. "keep your head down nicasia. if he sees you, you will be in danger, understand?" nicasia nodded. "if anything happens remember to use your medal."

a very loud animalistic yell alerted him. immediately he turned away from his daughter and started to walk away from the car and toward where the sound had just came from. he needed to create enough distance between him and the car so that their was no risk of any damage to the car itself or to his daughter who was inside.

he then took the pencil from behind his ear and tossed it into the air before catching it. once he caught it, he felt the all too familiar feeling of his imperial gold sword in his hand.

the sword had been gifted to him on his twelfth birthday by his mother. his sword would reappear as a pencil behind his ear if it was ever too far away from him and is actually functional too. the lead in the pencil never gets dull and the eraser never runs out. it was a life saver when it came to sketching out blueprints for architecture.

antonius' grey eyes found the monster that had rudely interrupted his time at the museum. it was a cyclops. he decided that an angry chihuahua definitely would have been better than this. it would've smelled better too.

the cyclops threw the car it was currently holding at antonius. antonius immediately rolled out of the way, barely dodging the car. then he lunged at the cyclops, slashing at it's arm, before hiding within the smoke behind the cyclops.

the cyclops, who was now distracted by it's missing arm, didn't notice that antonius had disappeared. antonius's grey eyes scanned his surroundings for anything useful, before spotting a stone flower pot about three feet away from him. he quickly grabbed the flower pot before throwing it to the right of the cyclops. the loud sound of the pot breaking alerted the cyclops. the cyclops started to make its way over to the flower pot.

before it could reach the broken flower pot, antonius had jumped of the roof of the building behind the cyclops and onto it's shoulders. without a second thought, antonius jabbed his sword into the cyclops' eye. the cyclops wailed in pain and managed to throw antonius off of his shoulders and onto the ground.

nicasia peaked out from over the car door and watched from the window as her father hit the ground and rolled across the street. antonius quickly gathered himself and stood up, sword in hand. once again, he charged at the cyclops. the now blind cyclops fell to the ground as antonius slashed at it's legs. antonius used his new found advantage of the cyclops being closer to his height, to stab the cyclops through the chest with his sword. the cyclops disintegrated into a pile of dust and antonius's sword dropped to the ground.

a now bloody and bruised antonius, picked his sword up from the ground and flipped it up into the air. he caught his sword in pencil form and put it behind his ear. he then limped back to his car, wincing when he put too much weight on his left knee.

after entering his car, he opened the dashboard and pulled out a flask. he took a small drink of the nectar inside, being careful not to drink too much so he wouldn't burn up. after putting the flask back into the dashboard, he turned around and made sure nicasia was buckled securely into her booster seat.

"are you okay, daddy?" nicasia asked her father.

"yeah, i'm okay. it's just another thursday, right? are you okay?"

she nodded. "i can't wait to tell jason about this!"

nicasia then went on to tell her father about all the different things she saw in the museum. antonius called back the work official as he drove them home, not paying attention to a single word his daughter was saying.

captain speaks!

welcome to atychiphobia! this is my first time writing anything on wattpad so i'm so sorry if this is terrible at first.

grammar and spelling corrections are always welcome as long as they are done nicely. please feel free to comment! it helps me update!

thoughts? questions? something you just wanna say?