STARBOY | 11

"WHY ARE WE ON THE SOUTH SIDE?" MISO QUESTIONED, LOOKING OVER AT MINHEE WHO WAS STILL DRIVING

The group of Socs had been driving around town for a good few hours now. They'd stopped off at many ice cream parlors and had dinner in a diner, where Minhee and Chanyoung couldn't help but terrorize the outcasts that were there minding their own business, and now, Miso had expected to be dropped off home.

However, her expectations were changed as she quickly recognized the street she and Jungwon once walked along a few nights ago.

Miso's question was ignored by everyone in the car, causing her eyebrows to furrow. What was going on?

The Choi girl turned to look at Wonyoung, who was sitting on Chanyoung's lap giggling, before she adverted her gaze to Jiwoo and Yoonah beside her; the two of them whispering to one another.

Suddenly, after many turns the car comes to a stop and Miso watches as Jiwoo reaches across her to open the door.

"Get out." Jiwoo ordered Miso, making her eyes widened slightly in disbelief.

"What?" Miso chocked out, looking between the outside area and her friends. She could feel the cold air of the night hit her exposed legs and instantly, goosebumps decorated her skin. They couldn't be serious.

"Get out, Miso." Chanyoung spat aggressively, and due to fear, Miso gave in and hesitantly stepped out of the car, quickly wrapping her arms around her body to find warmth.

"What's going on?" She asked, looking at Minhee who did everything he could to avoid eye contact with the girls distressed eyes.

"You're nothing my a stupid square, Miso." Yoonah yelled out to her, a chorus of laughs following after it, before Minhee put his foot down on the peddle and began driving once again, leaving Miso stranded.

Silence consumed the girl as her lip quivered and tears welled up in her eyes. She felt pathetic, humiliated, Nd most of all, scared. She did everything she quite possibly could to be accepted by that friend group, and just when she thought she was welcome to hang out with them, the invite was slapped back in her face.

As the girl walked down the street, eyeing the street signs in hopes that one of them would point in the direction of the North side, the sound of multiple footsteps coming from behind her was heard, making her heartbeat race faster than ever.

"Slow down, doll." The person called out, making Miso bite down on her bottom lip harder than ever, almost enough to draw blood.

As a response to the man's requests, Miso sped up. She didn't want to interact with someone who could possibly harm her.

"What's this broad doing on our side of town?" Another voice questioned rather meanly, only causing Miso to panic more. There was more than one...

Eventually, the strangers behind Miso had caught up to her and quickly walked around her and stood before her with cocky smirks on their beat up lips. There was four of them all together. They all wore the same leather jackets and had their hair greased back, only a few strands hovering in their bruised faces. They looked tough and mean, and if there was one thing Miso could get an A* on, it'd be knowing that she did not want to get on their bad sides.

"How 'bout we walk ya home? Hm?" The man standing closest to her suggested, cocking his eyebrow as leaned down to be eye level with her. Miso's breathing stuttered and she gulped nervously as she tilted backwards, creating more space between them.

"No, it's okay..." She uttered out just above a whisper whilst shaking her head. "I think I'll be able to get there myself." The girl informed, sending them a tight lipped smile before taking a step to the side to go around the Greaser.

However, one of the outcasts that was stood behind the man at the front took a step forward, blocking Miso's way of escaping.

The action instantly made Miso's eyes flutter as her breathing hitched. "Not so fast." He warned, reaching his hand up to stroke her cheek with his thumb.

Miso was dead. She knew she didn't stand a chance against the group of Greasers. She knew that if she was to run then they'd easily catch her. She knew that if she did the wrong move, she'd be —

"Hey!" A familiar voice yelled out, making Miso's eyes widen with relief and for her to turn to look at the person that was now crossing the street and heading towards them. "Didn't you hear what she said?" Niki scoffed and eventually got to Miso.

"Go on," The Nishimura boy nodded his head, indicating them to leave. "You're a bunch of dense assholes for touching what belongs to me." He insulted, and quickly, the group of guys rolled their eyes before leaving.

"Are you alright?" Niki asked once they were out of sight and he'd turned so that he was face to face with her. Miso looked up at him speechless as his eyes danced across her features, searching for injuries. She was too bewildered and stunned at what Niki had said to be able to reply.

"I don't belong to you, Niki." She called him out, quickly earning a chuckle from the boy. "I don't belong to anyone."

"Do you want me to leave?" He playfully questioned, raising his brow as he went to walk away, though before he could get far, Miso grabbed hold of his hand, giggling slightly as she pulled him back.

All Niki could do was chuckle as the two began walking side by side, her smaller hand still in his larger one as he swung his arm around her shoulder (their hands still connected.)

"You got time?" The boy wondered, looking down at her as she thought for a moment. It was weird. Before, she wanted nothing more than to go home, but now she wanted to be in Niki's company more.

Nodding her head as a way of saying yes, a small smirk appeared on the boys plump lips. 

"Come," Niki quickly turned them around, so that they were now walking the opposite way to the North side. "I wanna introduce you to the gang."

"Why?" Miso wondered. "We're not that close."

Niki tsked and shook his head, the same smirk remaining. "You seem outta sight."

★