12

~Chapter 12~

Gu Jin hadn't spoken in such a grave and serious manner since he had questioned Bai Jue in the God Realm hundreds of years ago. He clearly cares very much about the immortal woman he met last night.  

He is as plump as a round winter melon in the fairy field, and the brilliant red robe is vulgarly wrapped around his torso. This Immortal Lord of Da Ze Mountain lacks any grace—rather, he appears to be a dapper young man who was raised in a wealthy household anywhere in the world. However, Hong Que, who had stepped down at some time, was unable to accept the rejection Her Highness was going to make. 

The Immortal Lord Gu Jin's look was overly serious, as though he would try his hardest to return the favor as soon as Her Highness acknowledged it. She has never seen such a grave and sincere look in his eyes. The immortal lords who have fallen in love with Her Highness over the years may have been captivated with her beauty or they may have been greedy for the power of the Peacock Royal Family. 

Hua Shu was also startled. The fat young man's dark eyes were fixed on her, which made her feel extra valued and honored. She couldn't help but said: "Last night in the sycamore forest, it was just a little effort. There is no need to worry about, Immortal Lord Gu Jin." 

Hong Que on the side covered his mouth and exclaimed, but the ecstatic Gu Jin didn't realize it. Only Hua Shu's "little effort" was echoing in his ears. He stepped forward and approached Hua Shu, his eyes narrowed into crescent moons. : "It turns out it's really Your Highness, and I guessed exactly the same. Your Highness, I'm here to repay the favor."

Suddenly, Gu Jin's wide smile got bigger. Hua Shu's eyebrows raised slightly when she realized what she had just said. How on earth could she have accidentally admitted this? She answered right away, showing her intelligence, "It's a minor issue; Immortal Lord Gu Jin doesn't have to be this way." 

Gu Jin stopped, then answered, very sincerely, "Your Highness is wrong, a favor is a favor." Beyond that, he said, "It is a great favor to me. Whatever treasure Your Highness wants, I will go find it right away and take it to Wutong Island to visit and offer it to Your Highness."  

Gu Jin had always enjoyed searching for valuable treasures, so he figured that other people felt the same way. 

"No need." Hua Shu shook her head, not wanting to dwell on this matter. 

Hua Shu, the Peacock Clan's Princess, was used to seeing treasures. Gu Jin said, "As long as it is what Your Highness wants, I will definitely find it for Your Highness," after giving it some thought.  

Hua Shu has been regarded as one of the leading female immortals by the younger generation of the Immortal Clan for a hundred years, and what rare things have not been sent to her, but no one has ever dared to say that if she wants something in heaven or on earth, she will be able to find it for her. This person is really too arrogant, seeing that the dinner time is approaching, Hua Shu thought for a moment and casually said: "Immortal Lord Gu Jin is joking. You can't all get anything. I heard that Little Fire Phoenix of the Phoenix Clan has a piece of Fire Phoenix Jade given by True Goddess Shang Gu, which is the most precious treasure of the God Realm, if I want to see it, can Immortal Lord also borrow it for Hua Shu? I'm afraid you're still young and have not experienced much, so there are some things you shouldn't say. Last night was a trivial matter, Immortal Lord Gu Jin doesn't need to worry about it." 

After saying this and giving Gu Jin a nod, Hua Shu turned around and went inside the inner hall. Hong Que realized that Her Highness had been insulted by the fat immortal's unobtrusive remarks, so she stopped caring about him and shut the door firmly, keeping Gu Jin from entering.