Part 41

As the date started to approach for Autumn to move to campus, I could tell that Ezra was looking forward to it more and more.

Autumn was going to live on campus, and Ezra and I were prepared to help her move into her dorm room. Autumn told us that she didn't have much that she was going to bring with her to move in, enough to be able to fit into Ezra's car, since we were going to drive back to our hometown and bring her to campus.

Not long after we got back after everything happened with Autumn, and between Ezra and I, Honey asked me to come over after we both had work.

She seemed genuinely concerned about Autumn, however I reassured her that Autumn was okay, and would be coming to campus soon.

"That's amazing," Honey said as we sat in her room, on her bed.

"Maybe I'll try to get her a job where we work," I said to Honey. I knew that I wanted to bring up Ezra and I to her, but I wasn't quite sure how to.

"Hey, I'd love to meet her," Honey said, giving me a sweet smile.

I then sighed and said to her, "I want to tell you something."

"What's going on? You can tell me anything," Honey said, lightly putting her hand on mine.

"Ezra and I...we're a thing now. I told her how I felt about her, and much to my surprise, she felt the same exact way about me and has for a long time. She's not officially my girlfriend yet...but I'm sure we will get there."

"I think that's wonderful, Eve," Honey said, her gaze warm, "Please, bring Ezra around more when we spend time together. I'm sure Cleo and Max would love to meet her as well. I am really happy for you. I know this has been weighing on your mind for a long time, and I can imagine it has been for Ezra as well."

"Thank you," I said to Honey, giving her hand a squeeze, "That means a lot to me."

"I do have a question, though."

"Go ahead," I nodded.

"Does Ezra dislike me? I just remember the look on her face when she caught us kissing...and I'm not sure if you told her we hooked up..."

"I told her," I nodded, "I didn't feel right keeping that from her. She understood and wasn't mad. Honey, she doesn't dislike you, at all. She wants to get to know you, and is happy for me that I've made a friend as good as you."

Honey smiled at me once again and leaned her head on my shoulder affectionately.

"I'll be glad to have Ezra as a friend then as well," Honey said to me.

I got home that night to Ezra walking in the door from work at the same time. Right away when I saw her, I could see that she looked troubled.

"Are you alright?" I asked her, "Was work annoying?"

"You could say that," Ezra said, with a slight eye roll, "Let's go talk in my room."

I followed Ezra up to her bedroom, and she closed the door almost all of the way. We sat down on her bed, across from each other.

"Taylor got fired today at work," Ezra said, with a sigh.

"Oh my god. What happened?"

"This was the first time we worked together since...everything happened. And, I knew she was going to do this- she tried asking me if I wanted to come over after our shift. I had a feeling she was going to try and lure me back in. Of course, I told her 'absolutely not', and she asked me why. I decided to be honest with her- I'm sure she would find out anyway- I told her that you and I were starting a relationship. Look, I'm sure it hurt her, and I'm sure she is confused. I get that, I would be, too. But she started freaking out on me. This was all while I was putting in an order, so I was close to the tables. Everyone heard her yelling at me to 'go fuck myself'. And she got fired," Ezra explained to me.