Ch.6 Mama Material

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Dude." I deadpan.

"It's no good."

"I don't want this mama."

"Hey!"

"Looks like it'll be impossible for you to play the mother, Frankie."

A few hours have passed since Loid read that letter. He called a friend of his to come over, named Frankie. Anya and I secretly agree this..."Frankie" was some sort of spy as well that Loid has connections with. Why else would he come over and get dressed up as a woman? ...Unless he's into that... No judgement here then.

"Come on! You couldn't have made me something better than this?!"

"There are limits to working around your height and figure." Loid simply responses before sitting on the couch.

"I did all this to help you!"

"Peanut?" Anya offers Frankie from her small bag.

"I don't want one!"

"So...what now, Loid?" I asked as I sit beside him.

"Please don't address me like that."

"...Caregiver then."

"Not that eith-"

"So should we look into another school?"

"No... It's simple really. I just have to get married."

"...What?"

××××The Next Day××××

"You can't find mama?" Anya askes Loid as he reads the newspaper. "Are we going to be Scruffy's girls?"

"I'll literally kill myself." I add.

"Hey! You don't have to go that far!" Frankie speaks as he enters our home with a large stack of papers.

"Don't mind them, Frankie. So, what did you find?" Loid addresses him.

"Well, you wanted a woman who's okay with a child-raising divorcee, is elegant enough to seem upper-class, and is willing to legally marry you in the next 48 hours, right?" Frankie walks over and places the stack on the coffee table. "If a goddess like that existed, I'd love to see her myself."

"You and I both." I add.

"I copied a list of unmarried women from City Hall."

"Thanks, Frankie."

"I'm not picky, but I can't even land a date with any of these women if I tried."

"You poor thing..." Loid replies, reading through the documents.

"Don't you pity me!"

"...Does having kids make you unpopular? Are we...in the way?" Anya innocently asks Loid.

He stops what he's doing to pat her on the head. "No, you girls are not in the way. This is all to get you both into school, remember? So don't worry about this and go watch some tv."

"Oui!"

Anya runs off and turns the tv on, turning it to her show before sitting in front of it.

"..."

I grab a paper from the stack, reading it.

"Hey, you shouldn't-"

"Scruffy." I interrupt Loid. "Is every woman in town here?"