three

( live a little )

What are you supposed to do when your twin sister is having a bad day because someone put bleach in the shampoo all for a bet that she'd skip school rather than go with bleached hair? I don't know. But, when Jackie's angry, I try not to be around. It sounds mean, but she's scary when she's mad. One time, I changed the time on her alarm so she'd be late to meeting because she's always so uptight and she retaliated by selling my favorite, limited edition and signed copy of Little Women. Of course, I'm her sister and the Walters and Garcias are strangers so it wouldn't be that crazy, but you get what I mean.

I decided to go to Katherine after school because I needed advice on how to handle the boys and let them know what they did wasn't cool. Jackie was at the house, dyeing her hair back to it's natural color.

I walked up to the front desk, just as Katherine came out.

"Hi," I said.

She seemed confused and jerked her head as a form of telling me to go with her.

"Is everything alright? Did you have a fainting spell?"

"Uh, no. Sorry, I don't mean to worry you. I just wanted some advice... on how to talk to the boys."

Before, we could talk any further, Cole showed up to tell Katherine that her car wouldn't be ready til tomorrow. He also asked if she needed a ride.

"Oh thank you, honey, but I still have a couple patients left to see. I'll just ask your dad if he can pick me up afterwards. I think Char could use a ride, though."

I nodded, "Sure."

"And sweetie," she looked at me. "I'm sure Cole can help you with your question."

I smiled tightly, "Thanks Katherine."

When she was gone, Cole and I got into the car, but I didn't ask. I just sat in silence as he drove. Until he asked of course.

"What's the question?"

"Huh?"

"My mom said you had a question that I could help with."

"Oh. Well, you know what happened earlier, right?"

He hummed as if clueless and I rolled my eyes.

"Jackie's hair, Cole. The bleach in the shampoo bottle?"

He laughed, "Okay, yes I did hear about that. Isaac legit thought she wouldn't get out of that bathroom, let alone go to school."

I hit his arm, "It's not funny, Cole!"

"Wait," he pauses. "What exactly did you ask my mom?"

"Just for advice, you know. How to like... talk to you guys."

"Good. For a second there, I thought you snitched."

I roll my eyes, "Dude, you act like I don't have siblings."

He laughs and I notice that he's stopped in the middle of somewhere I don't recognize.