ₐdíₒₛ

Jesse stayed and left. Even though I hate it so much, but we went back to school. At least I know I have someone who flew down to me, only to know if I was okay and doing fine.

    We were at the bus and Coach Orion were calling names, making sure we were all present. We had a game today. Fulton came back not too long ago. Like a day ago in fact and got in contact with Orion telling him he's coming back. I haven't heard of Charlie.

    I was having a conversation when I hear Averman talking. "This about to be good." The whole team shook their head and I looked up. I see Conway taking a seat with Averman, who happened to be in front of Guy and I.

    "Aruna?" Charlie faced me.

    "Hmm?" I mumbled.

    "I'm sorry."

    "For?"

    "I'm sorry for being one of the biggest mess ups. I have no forgiveness to what I did to you. All you did was try and care for me. I lashed out on you and I said things I never meant. I feel ashamed for what I done and don't have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn't pawn this off on anybody. I'm sorry it happened. I hurt you and I'm truly sorry. You're my backbone, you're a blessing, you're a piece of my heart, you're the air I breathe a d you're the strongest person I know. I'm so sorry for having to put you through this and having to put us through this." He breathed out.

    "'Kay, and?" I can't believe he's saying this after I said I don't love him anymore.

    Russ leaned over. "Oh, c'mon, Aruna! Just forgive the man."

    I thought for a second before replying. "I guess I forgive ya." The team starts to cheer. Except Guy. "BUT, I want nothin' to do with ya." I turned to look out the window before he could reply. I see Buckley run up to the bus.

    Wonder what he's doing. Oh, I still scare the shit out of Buckley by the way. He ran inside and asked if he could speak with us.

    "We have a board meeting scheduled tomorrow and well you're on the agenda. We have to think long term here! What's in your best interest? Hard as it is personally, because you kids have been a breath of fresh air around here. The board is going to approve the withdrawal of your scholarships. Now, you'll be welcomed to stay through the end of the semester but after that it will be necessary for you...to enjoy other educational opportunities." Buckley said.

    I stared into his soul and he got uncomfortable. He and Coach went outside.

    Dwayne asked what Buckley meant. "Adíos amigo." Russ said and Dwayne realized.

    "So that's it? You are dumping them just like that?" Coach angrily asked. We heard the commotion and stood by the entrance of the bus to hear.

    "Coach, I'm sorry. Your team isn't performing and I've been under enormous pressure."

    "From who? The alumni? A bunch of aging pep clubbers?"

    "Ted, I'm trying to do you a favor! With those kids gone, you'll get to pick your own team! Let's face it the ducks are drowning!"

    "I got my team. Either they stay or I go."

    "We'll miss you, Ted." Buckley patted coach on his shoulder and began to walk away.

    "We're just pawns; puppets of a stage show. Jesters to entertain the king, barnacles on the bottom of-" Averman began to say.

    "Shut up." Russ and myself said. We looked at each other and started laughing. 

    "Coach is this legal? I mean, don't we have contracts or something?"

    "I don't know what this is." Admitted Coach. "All I know is we're are going to fight it."

    "Ese viejo no tiene corazón y haré que un amigo venga a visitarlo." (That old man is heartless and I'll have a friend come visit him.) I evilly grin. By friend I mean Manson.

    "Haga lo que haga tu amigo, espero que sea bueno." (Whatever your friend does, I hope it's good.) Luis adds on and I jump to him speaking Spanish. I forgot he speaks Spanish.

    I sure as hell didn't want to go 'bye, bye, amígo."