Shape-Shifted

ACT TWO-PART TWO

Ashton waited until all the players made their way to the field, moving to sit next too, Matt, as he had come to find out his name.

Matt looked beside him, smiling as he noticed Ashton. "Hey, didn't know you watched practice."

"I don't." Ashton responded. "But I was bored." Lie, big, big lie.

Matt nodded. "Got it." He chuckled. "So, you and Wesley still going out?"

Ashton barely registered the question, watching as Scott rammed into player after player. "What the hell is he on?" He muttered.

Matt laughed, shrugging. "Who knows. It's McCall, so."

"Yeah, enough said." Ashton chuckled, the conversation ending as Matt moved, getting in the line-up, only to immediately be taken out by Scott.

Ashton laughed quietly as Jackson made an excuse, walking off the field and going towards the bench. "Not wanting to get hit?"

Jackson shook his head, sitting on the ground, his body resting between Ashtons legs. "Nah, he's being weird."

Ashton shrugged, gently massaging the teens shoulders. "Isn't he always?"

"True." Jackson chuckled, slipping off his helmet and looking up at his bestfriend. "So, why are you here?"

"See him?" Ashton whispered, glancing to number 14. "Derek's new beta. I'm keeping an eye on him."

Jackson nodded slowly. "So, what? You're the packs keeper?"

"Well, when you put it that way-"

They both stopped talking as three officers walked onto the field. One being Stilinski.

Ashton looked between the officers and Isaac as he walked away with them. "I'll see you later." He mumbled to Jackson, standing and jogging towards the school exit.

"How're you gonna convince him to come?" Ashton asked, slipping into the backseat of Derek's car as he drove up to the school.

"That's why you're here." Derek replied, rolling to a slow stop and looking out the window to Scott.
"Get in."

Scott scoffed. "Are you serious? You did that. That's your fault."

Derek sighed. "I know that. Now get in the car and help me."

"No, I've got a better idea. I'm gonna call a lawyer. Because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting him out before the moon goes up." Scott replied, taking a few steps down the stairs.

"Not when they do a real search of the house." Derek informed.

"What do you mean?" Scott questioned.

"Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse." He paused. "Alot worse."

Ashton sighed, leaning forwards. "Motus." He muttered, flashing a small smile to Scott as the car door opened. "Come on, little wolf, don't make us force you."