STARBOY | 12

"WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON THIS SIDE OF TOWN?" NIKI WONDERED AS HE LIT THE CANCER STICK THAT WAS PLACED BETWEEN HIS LIPS

By now, the sun had official set, and the bright, white moon, along with the flickering street lamps were giving light to the path Miso and Niki walked along.

"My friends dumped me here." Miso explained, a sad sigh leaving her lips as she glanced up at Niki to see if he was listening. He was, and he had his eyes focused on her as she spoke. "It's my fault, really." She shrugged, looking away from him once she felt her breathing bitch under his gaze. "I trusted them because I wanted to fit in with them."

"Well, you're stupid for falling for their tricks." He informed, and turned away from her to blow out a drag of smoke from his mouth. "You shouldn't let anyone get under your skin and treat you like that. Yuppies feed off that shit, man."

Miso smiled slightly and looked down at the floor. He was right. She was stupid for believing that they actually liked her.

Eventually, the two made it to the Lee Heeseung's house and a ball of nerves became evident in her stomach.

The home was very different to the houses on the North side. The paint on the wood work was chipping off and the few steps leading up to the open, wooden porch had cracks in. The metal chain fencing around the property looked like it could fall any moment, and the sofa that was on the porch looked old, torn and worn out.

"Don't be nervous." Niki nudged the girl gently, and she looked up at him with her brows furrowed.

"But I'm Beomgyu's sister." She pointed out. "They don't like me already."

Huffing, Niki rolled his eyes and stood behind her, before he softly pushed her forward and towards the house. Once on the porch, it felt like Miso's heart was in her throat and before she knew it, Niki had opened the door and walked in, keeping a hold on her wrist so she wouldn't try to run away.

"I've brought a guest." Niki announced, quickly capturing everybody's attention. Instantly, Miso watched as the Greasers' facial expressions changed from calm to bothered.

"Why is she here?" Jake spat, standing from up from his position on the floor.

Looking around, Miso saw Sunoo and Jungwon sat together on the sofa, watching tv — Jungwon with a bottle of alcohol in his clutch, and Sunoo mindlessly fiddling with his denim jacket. Jake had been sitting in the middle on the carpet with their legs on either side of him as he watched the program, taking a swig from the bottle of Soju every now and then. Jay and Sunghoon were both sat on the dining table, playing cards with each other and Heeseung was leaned against the doorway to the hallway that lead to his bedroom.

"She's Beomgyu's sister, she could be spying." Jake alluded, nodding his head at her, which made Miso take a step back slightly.

"Shut your mouth, Jake." Niki groaned, annoyed with Jake's 'spy' theories, and he turned to look at Miso and gave her a look of reassurance.