Get A Clue

*

[3rd Person P.O.V.]

*

The final five were all sat around one table, eating their breakfast, although it was clear that not a single one of them was particularly happy. "Breakfast taco? Is that all Chef knows how to make, now? Mexican themed breakfast foods?" Harold asked in disbelief, before taking a bite out of the taco.

Lindsay was disgusted to hear a familiar crunch. "Ew! Was that an egg shell?" She asked, pointing at the taco. Harold responded, still not fazed. "Chef is the only cook who makes eggs like peanut butter. Smooth or crunchy style." He took another bite, and that's when he felt something strange.

He put down the taco, and took the 'strange' thing out of his mouth, to find that it was a USB stick. "Huh?" He muttered, looking at the thing in his hands. Duncan proposed a theory almost immediately after. "Maybe Chef finally ran out of stuff to put in the eggs. All he's got left is computer hardware!" 

"What if there's something on it? Something all. . . challengey?" Lindsay also proposed, which made Beth respond. "Only one way to find out! Stick it in Courtney's PDA!" She signalled over to Courtney, who instantly refused. "My PDA isn't going anywhere near that goober coated. . . thing! Hey!" She raised her voice at Duncan, who snatched the device out of her hands.

"I thought you wanted to win this?" Duncan questioned, pointing at her suspiciously. To nobody's surprise, she was fast to change her opinion. With a sigh, she spoke. ". . . Do what you have to do." With that, Duncan also snatched the USB stick from Harold, and inserted it into the PDA. Expectantly, it was Chris on video.

"I hope you all had a filling breakfast. It was so delish! I was practically on cloud nine! I could have had a dozen of them." Lindsay and Harold glanced at each other with the same expression, before returning their focus to the screen. "But, enough about breakfast. It's time to eighty-six this combination- Ah, I mean. . . conversation."

"So weird! I think maybe Chris needs a vacation. . ." Beth commented, seeing as nobody else was talking about his unusual behaviour. "Right now, I'm going to relax in a nice, safe, and secure place, and get ready for today's challenge. You're probably wondering what the challenge is. It will remain a mystery until you find me. Hopefully, you'll clue in, and track me down. But, in the meantime, I'm gonna crack open a soda, and relax. See ya!"

Duncan was fairly ticked off. "Unless there's a killer reward, I'm not gonna bother finding Chris. I could use a day off from that wiener!" Harold nodded in agreement. "I'm with Duncan! Let Chris wait for us." Lindsay didn't seem too enthusiastic about that plan. "Yeah, but. . . maybe, if we find Chris. . . he'll have some kind of surprise! Who doesn't love surprises?" Courtney, visibly annoyed, rolled her eyes, and folded her arms. 

But, Lindsay was not finished. She wanted to prove that her idea was the good one. "I think he was giving us hints! He said he was on cloud nine. That's, like, Heaven, which means he's not alive anymore. What do you do with dead people? You bury them. So. . . maybe he's buried underground! Maybe we should dig, and see if we find him!"

Duncan nodded, clearly doubtful. "Yeah, we could. The only problem is, that makes zero sense!"

/// Lindsay ///

"No one ever listens to me anymore since Courtney got here! What's so weird about Chris being buried alive?"

/// End ///

Courtney thought for a moment, before perking up. "Oh, it's so obvious! Chris said he was feeling safe, and secure. Get it? Safe. . ." Beth looked at Courtney, completely dumbfounded. "Chris said he was going to crack open a soda. You crack a safe. . . Now, you get it?" She explained further, but there was still nothing going through to anybody's heads. "No. Still nothing."