˚*❋ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑𝟎❋*˚

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ '𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓'

𝐄𝐍𝐇𝐘𝐏𝐄𝐍

𝟏:𝟑𝟓 ───────────── 𝟐:𝟏𝟖

𝐈𝐈

'𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭'

Silence.

It comes and goes as time takes its toll.

Don't be mistaken, time is not on your side, it never was and it never will be.

But silence? It follows you as you try to reach out for slumber, withers slowly around your warm hand until it suffocates the very essence it takes to become human.

Maybe we aren't human, maybe we're lifelike dolls waiting for our reaper. We sit and wait for those who have our heart, repeat the same ominous pattern of life and work. Why can't we be dolls?

That's how it felt today, sitting in a stone cold room, shivers and chills running down the spines of those who sat and testified against today's cause.

Glares and looks that were nothing short of evil spat across the room, lazer focused eyes glazing over the hanuched fingure in the corner of the room, hollowed out cheeks and voidfull eyes. She sat with no comparison to her previous life.

But as the one in charge marched across the room to their podium and sat, the rest followed. The air, thick with anticipation, clung to the walls like a haunting mist. The weight of the atmosphere pressed down on each person present, causing the very marrow of their bones to shudder.

The walls seemed to close in, adorned with somber portraits of individuals who once held prominence, their eyes watching from painted canvases. The ceiling, a looming judgment above, cast shadows that danced ominously. Rows of wooden benches, worn and creaking, stood as stoic witnesses to the unfolding drama.

A dull murmur hung in the air, a collective gasp suppressed within the chests of those who dared to breathe. A wooden gavel, seasoned by years of service, lay patiently before the figure who now commanded attention. The rustling of papers echoed through the room as the ominous pattern of legal proceedings began to unfold.

The hushed whispers of lawyers consulting with their clients and the shuffling of papers painted an invisible tapestry of preparation. The solemnity of the room enveloped its occupants, unaware that they were players in a scene set for judgment.