Intermission: Back to CHS

The next day came a bit too fast for Sunset's liking.

As she waited at the school's entrance, close to the statue, she couldn't help but look nervously around her. It was just supposed to be her, the girls, Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna.

Yet for some reason, a small group of students were also there, looking in expectation at the statue. From what she was able to hear, they were all anticipating Princess Twilight's arrival.

Just how did so many people figure out that Twilight was coming?

Did someone eavesdrop when she told the principal? Maybe someone broke into her locker and read her journal? Or maybe she had someone stalking her?!

"Or, maybe..." Applejack's voice interrupted, making Sunset realize she was voicing her thoughts aloud.

"They saw all of us leaving the principal's office and decided to follow us? I mean, why else would the principal, vice-principal, and us be walking to the entrance together?"

Sunset blinked... that did sound reasonable.

"Yeah... y-you're right, Applejack. I guess that does sound more plausible. *nervous chuckle*" Sunset admitted with a tinge of nervousness.

Applejack then raised an eyebrow. "Are you alright, sugarcube?" She asked. "You look more nervous than a turkey on Thanksgiving Day."

"*nervous laughter* Who, me?! No, of course not! I don't even know what you're talking abo-" Sunset tried to explain, only for the cowgirl to cross her arms.

Sunset sighed. "Okay, fine. Maybe I am a little nervous." She admitted. "But how can I not be?! Twilight's going to be here any second!" She exclaimed.

Applejack only gave her a confused stare.

"And...?"

"And? And?!" Sunset looked ready to explode. "For her to simply drop everything and call me over this fast means this could be more serious than what we thought!" She said, fearfully. "And that Discord guy, what if he's more dangerous than we thought and we have to hunt him down or something? What if Twilight thinks we were being nosy peeking into her life like that and throws a feud?! What if she thinks I'm to blame for this?!"

Sunset would've continued ranting if it hadn't been for Pinkie hurriedly giving her a paper bag. As the flame-haired girl hyperventilated into the bag, the other girls looked at her with varying levels of confusion.

"Uh-huh. Could you, uh- connect the dots for us, please?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash chimed in. "Why would Twilight blame you?"

"Why? Why not?!" Sunset exclaimed. "It was me that brought magic into this world and look what happened!" Sunset began pacing. "It attracted the sirens, what if this Discord guy is drawn to it too? What if all of this was a result of my stupid decision?! What if he's more dangerous than we thought and this whole disc nonsense was just part of his evil plan and we should've stopped it the moment we saw it?!" She exclaimed, breathing harder.

"What if Twilight holds me responsible and banishes me? Or worse... what if she throws me in jail?! Or she throws me in jail in the place she banished me to?!" She began breathing into her bag harder and faster.

The girls looked at each-other, they could tell their friend was still worried. Eventually, Rarity approached the panicking flame-haired girl.

"Darling, relax." Rarity assured, putting a comforting hand on Sunset's shoulder. "All this worrying will give you gray hairs before you even turn twenty!" She said, actually picking up some strands of the redhead's hair. "And besides, there is no way Twilight would do such a thing!"