▪︎botl▪︎ if it feels like a trap, you're already in one

● _____《°•○ \|/ ○•°》_____ ●

OFCOURSE ANDROMEDA COULDN'T GO TWO DAYS WITHOUT A DREAM. this one started in a really dark place, the only source of light was a bornefire.

the light illuminated two figures. one glistened like a sheet of aluminium, and the other was of a boy deathly pale. so much so that he looked like a character from a black-and-white flick.

nico.

nico was there. in the frame, and opposing him was some sort of a ghost, glistening silver, for a moment, andromeda's heart leapt with joy thinking it was bianca. but his face would not be so grim if it was. he would be happy, smiling perhaps. no. this was not bianca. but still, nico had managed to commune with the dead.

"i failed." said nico in a deep voice.

"the method is ancient," said the ghost. "no wonder you could not execute it the first time —"

"do not speak do me that way!" nico scolded. "i have done all that i can."

"and it is not enough." replied the ghost. "you are a child."

"a child of hades!" nico growled. "the lord of the dead! i will speak to her. i will. i will do everything on this checklist if it's the last thing i do."

he looked at a white sheet of paper sitting beside him. the upper four boxes were crossed out. andromeda had written down ten things, and she was surprised nico had done so many of them so shortly.

"those are all futile," the ghost frowned. "they will not bring you success."

andromeda wanted to slap him.

"and yet they are the reason you roam with me." nico fixed his gaze on the ghost. "she has done everything she can and more. her mother is the goddess of necromancy; i will not discard her ideas."

andromeda wanted to smile.

"as you wish," cooed the ghost. "but they will waste your time."

nico scoffed, he threw some paper bags in the flames. "what do you know of time, minos? it is negligible to you."

minos? as in, the king minos? had nico summoned him? why?

"i know time when it is wasted." minos urged. "i am helping you, as you said."

why would nico seek help from the dead king minos? what ancient method did he speak of?

"and look where that has gotten me." nico glowered. "this list; these methods of her's, they have helped me in her absence more than you have."

"you mistake my urges for impertinence," minos insisted. "i only wish to help you as i had through the maze."

andromeda's heart sped up. maze? had nico been in the labyrinth? had be summoned minos for help? had he found another entrance? was he okay?

"what was the chant you recited?" minos asked

nico pulled out a book and held it before him, andromeda recognized it as the book she gave to him about their research. minos surveyed the page. "where did you find this?"

"she did. she wrote it down for me."

"it is ancient," said minos. "very powerful. but it just needs," he smirked. "a few finishing touches."

"what do you mean by that?"

andromeda would never know, because she woke up with a splash of water on her face.