Much thinking

//Alan's study//

"Yeah i'll do it in a sec honey! Just gotta check something real quick!", Alan exclaims to his wife while opening the door to his study. As any other day he walks over to his desk where his PC sits, pressing the ON button by the side of the screen. As nothing happens, Alan's eyebrows furrow in confusion. He presses the button again, and again, and again. "What the hell...?", he mutters under his breath, his thoughts coming to a conclusion that the problem has something to do with his stick figures.

His thoughts are cutoff however when an ultramarine pop up appears on the blank screen. As Alan's eyes scan over the wording, his heart drops, dread taking hold in his expression.

"Hello Alan. I'm afraid your little stick figure friends have been eradicated along with your desktop. Have a nice day, creator!"

//Outernet//

The yells of the five stick figures fill the air as they plummet through the air from the crack in the sky, out of the square named "Alan's PC", the sky covered in rows and columns of different internet locations, different devices. It's nothing new for the five friends, falling through the air and crashing into the ocean as they enter the Outernet. It always earns a laugh from Dark as they rock up to his house soaked in salty sea water.

"UGH, I HATE DOING THIS!", Green exclaims as he surfaces the calm waves.

"Stop whining and just swim", Red retorts, already on his way towards the rocky cliff.

After five minutes, Second, Yellow, Red, Blue and Green all let out a heavy breath as the flop onto the grassy surface at the top of the cliff. Once they all sit up and look at each other, a dreadful tension fills the space.

"...what exactly happened?"

Yellow eyes divert to the worried face of Second, answering him with what he knows, "None of us exactly know. We were just chilling while you were asleep when suddenly that big virus looking thing broke though the firewall..."

"So, what now? We just go tell the others?", Green asks, a somewhat nervous but frustrated expression painted on his face.

"I guess so. Do we even know what that thing was?", Blue says as he stands up, starting to walk in the direction of Chosen, Victim and Dark's house.

"Hmm", Yellow thinks out loud, fixing his glasses, "I can only assume it was some kind of virus. It's almost like it was growing and evolving right in front of us". He stands up as well, following Blue.

Green sighs, following as well, "i didn't play enough pokemon for this".

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?", Red raises an eyebrow, also following.

"It means hes an idiot and only speaks in either music or gamer terms", Yellow remarks, rolling his eyes.

"Hey! Don't you start talking, NERD!", Green retaliates.

"I may be a nerd but at least I don't think im spiderman"

Green gasps.

"Don't say that, you'll hurt his fragile ego", Second says sarcastically, rolling his eyes. If you squinted, you could get confused with him and Chosen.

Speaking of Chosen

//C+D+V's house//

Chosen looks over at Dark, raising an eyebrow, "what do you mean they're here? Didn't they visit yesterday?"

"Heh, they must just miss me so badly", Dark says with a smirk, leaning back in his hammock again.

Chosen rolls his eyes, speaking sarcastically, "oh of course they miss their favourite person, The Dark Lord."

"Well at least i'm your favourite person Cho Cho". He smiles softly, a heavy layer of amusement and smugness on his lips as he closes his eyes, his arms crossed behind his head, one leg crossed over the other.

"Don't call me that, you know i hate it"

"That's exactly why i call you it"

"Can you two just kiss already, it's painful to see you dance around each other with dense minds", Victim scoffs, leaning back in his chair.

Both Chosen and Dark narrow their eyes at Victim, but alas for Chosen, that same smirk plasters Dark's expression.

"Yeah, why don't you just kiss me already Cho?", he asks teasingly, letting out an amused giggle afterwards.

Chosen's face is just sheer unamusement and irritation, staring at Dark.

"Come onnnn, give me a big smooch", he says playfully, making joking kissy noises, earning a wheeze from Victim.

"...great...i live with two massive dickhead idiots...just how i planned to spend my life...", The Chosen One mutters with calm annoyance, walking to the front door.

Dark just chuckles, cutting Chosen some slack now by losing his playful tone, "where ya goin?", his dark eyes soften with a slight fondness when asking Chosen.

"Going to go check up on them", he responds calmly, opening the front door.

"The skittle gang?"

"Yes, the skittle gang or whatever you wanna call them. See ya", he exits the house, shutting the door behind him. He then ignites his iconic fire in the palms of his hands and uses it as a thrust to fly into the air, shooting off in the direction of where Second and his friends should relatively be.

Dark sighs and stares up at the ceiling in his hammock, pondering, however his thinking process is interrupted by the voice of his roommate.

"When are you gonna just tell him?"

"...i dunno Vic, maybe when he finally just puts all the hints i've been giving him together!", Dark grumbles, a frown forming on his face.

"Maybe hes just scared"

"Scared of what!? It's just me! And it's Chosen, he's The Chosen One for christ sake! What could he be scared of!?", Dark buries his face in his hands.

"You know fully well that just because he's "The Chosen One" doesn't mean he can't be scared of things. That's just his name, doesn't mean-"

"Yes i get it! I know...i just...", Dark sighs, then muttering, "hell i don't even know myself..."

The feeling of being lost just crowds Dark's mind, not knowing where his and Chosen's relationship stands exactly. Being sworn enemies from creation, to partners in crime, to life long friends, to losing that friendship in a fight of conflicted ideals...to...whatever this is at the moment, friendship? More? Still on rocky terms? Dark turns onto his stomach in the hammock, burying his face into the fabric, confusion flooding his brain.

He just lets out a heavy sigh that sounds more like a groan he didn't even know he'd been holding in, receiving a soft chuckle from Victim.