2. 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓

𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐎 sat on his wood floor, leaned against his bed. While he cradled his electric guitar. The boy praised his instrument, not only did he love the ability to make music fill a room, he also loved how his thoughts could float away when he got carried away into it.

He gently strummed his guitar, quietly humming along.

Robin's rough fingers always hurt by the end of his guitar sessions. Well, they kinda always hurt. The boy would get into fights at school, bad ones. Usually these fights were caused because the same old trio would harass Robin's favorite boy, Finney.

Oh, Yeah, Finney. The boy hadn't come over for a few days now.

They usually hung out on weekends, which would've been tonight since it was Friday, but since Robin's uncle was visiting tonight he wasn't allowed to have the boy over.

Robin groaned out of frustration when his finger slipped and he provoked the unwanted strings on his guitar, messing up the rhythm he had built.

The boy stood up and hung his guitar back on the wall hook. He glanced at his skateboard beside it, wondering the last time he rode it.

"¡¡Robin!! ¡Baja que ya está aquí tu tío Andrés!" Robin's mother yelled out,

"¡Ya viene mamá!" The boy yelled back. He swung the door to his room open and ran down the hall, scurrying down the staircase.

There his uncle was, right in the doorway beside his parents. His luggage's handle was held tight around his hand.

"Hey kiddo!" Uncle Andrés smiled, he dropped his suitcase, and opened his arms, signaling for a hug.

"Hey Tío." Robin smiled. He went in for a tight embrace.

Robin and his Uncle always had a special closeness. 'Tio Andrés' was always the cool uncle.

When Robin was younger he would repeat his uncle's jokes, try to talk like him, and occasionally wore his clothes.

He remembers telling his Mom he wanted to grow up to be uncle Andrés.

Robin felt he could talk to his Uncle about almost anything, school, problems, fighting, whatever else was going on in his life.

"Is your friend Finney here?" Uncle Andrés asked.

"No, not this time Tio." Robin gave him a half smile,

"Oh why not?" His Uncle asked,

Robin glanced at his Mom, thinking about the discussion they had earlier.

"He's not allowed here when you're visiting." Robin explained.

"Ah, okay. I wouldn't have minded." Uncle Andrés gave him a half smile back, showing sympathy for the boy.

Robin's Uncle knew how much Robin loved his dear friend, how close the two were. He can imagine how Robin would get lonely without the boy around.

There was silence for a moment. The younger boy's head was full of how he missed Finney, although he just saw the boy earlier today.

"You still play the guitar Robin?" Andrés asked,

"Si, I was playing it right before you got here." Robin smiled.