3. 𝒔𝒌𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 weekend, the one where Finney was about to die from boredom since his best friend had his favorite uncle visiting. Finney had made plans with his third favorite person, Bruce. Robin was first, Gwen was second, and Bruce came third. His top 3 have been in that order since around the eighth grade. He could sit here and tell himself that he was 'such a loser' for that, but Finney longed for connections like that. The boy wasn't embarrassed or ashamed at all.

𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘, 10/22/84, 3:06PM.

The group of boys stood in the school hallways, Finney and Bruce discussing the plan for after school.

"--So, yeah. Just come over to mine." Bruce smiled,

"Okay. Thanks, Bruce." Finney said.

"Yeah of course," Bruce replied. The dark-haired boy turned to look at Robin. "Robin, you jealous?" Bruce teased,

"Yes." Robin joked. Finney smiled, looking down at his feet.

"Can't see your boyfriend for a couple days?" Vance chuckled. Finney's eyes shot up, glancing at Robin for any reaction. Robin just shook his head as he felt himself turn red.

"He's not my boyfriend." Robin smiled,

"Not yet." Vance said, with a smug look on his face.

"Shut up Vance. We all know you and Bruc–" Robin started,

"I know where you live Robin." Vance stated. Finney and Bruce let out a giggle, while Robin just stood there for a moment.

"My bad! Nevermind! Keep talking," Robin laughed as he 'came back to life'.

The duo sat on Bruce's bed. Well, more like Finney sat on Bruce's bed. Bruce was hanging off the edge of it, his head almost touching his wooden floor, and his legs resting on the mattress. Finney was leaned up against Bruce's headboard, knees to his chest.

There was an awkward silence in the room. or, at least Finney felt like that. It'd been only a minute or two, but it felt like forever. In an attempt to soothe the tenseness he felt, Finney spoke up.

"Okay, Bruce. What is it? What are you thinking about?" Finney said, crossing his arms in between the distance of his chest and thighs.

Uncomfortable silence filled the room again. Finney threw his arms up and groaned.

"Bruce. If you don't spit it out right now, I'm getting up and going to Robi–"

"I think I like Vance." Bruce blurted out, shooting up from his position. The boys made eye contact.

Finney stared through his friend's eyes. Thoughts roamed his head for a moment, before a smug smirk crept onto his face.