Chapter 2: The Ball

The night sky was enchanting as ever, the starts glittering as if dancing along side the music in the ballroom.

People from all around walked trough the golden gates all dressed in different shades and colors, gems and jewelry, young and elderly.

The ballroom was lively, music and the sound of laughter and people chatting. Childern running around, chasing one another like a game of cat at mouse a place of pure joy and laughter.

Not to mention the ballroom was quite beautifully decorated. Flowers hung down from the walls al kinds and colors, red and white roses covered the pillars making them seem more magnificent. Right in the center of the room high up on the roof hung a beautiful diamond candler and in the middle a orb of bight light glew lighting up the whole room.

There were different tables and sizes covered in food, drinks and anything you could think of. At the far end of the ballroom stood three beautiful gold thrones covered in different patterns and jewles. That would be the seating place of King Andreais, his  Queen Lady Eirlys and they're daughter Seraphina.

The ice queen herself carried a warm smile. Which brought sock to most of the castle, it's a obscure thing to see her in such a joyful mood.

"King Andreais, Lady Eirlys isn't a pleasure to see you both again" the young back hair greeted with a wide smile, which caused a smile to form on both the king and queens lips. "Halion it's so lovely to see you again." the queen announced happily before pulling him into a tight embrace.

Ah yes I almost forgot to tell you about young Halion. During the moon of hunt King Andreais and Lord Dane of Witchelm set out together on the outter skirts deep within the forest mountain. While following something known as a Arpra beings for the night, who leave the forbidden lands to hunt.

With a body shaped like an elf but covered in dark shades of feathers, instead of hands they're arms are wings and they're feet are like claws of a hawk. Like most they feed of the flesh of a living being. They naturally hunt creatures who are unweary of them.

As said they searched for the creature but it was long gone. They planned to tirn back to return home and that is when they heard it, a cry of a child and as they found the source they found Halion abandoned in those woods to be fed of, no trace of a mother or father a orphan. King Andreais took him and raised him. Once Halion was at the age of four, the young princess was born.

Since that day Halion was a close friend to her. Unfortunately when he turned of age he was sent of to Witchelm for future training. Since then seven year past since she last saw him.

"It is wonderful to be home again. Might I also where is little Seraphina?" Halion asked as he noticed her missing presence. Before he could react a hand hit the back of his head, causing the king to chuckle.

"I will have you know I am anything but little." the voice responded as he turned around to see his attacker. Once he did his whole world froze.

Halion pov

I can't belive it how has she grown so much? I ask myself unable to believe that is the girl I grew up with. The wild alway mud covered young princess cannot be the stunning one standing before me.

"Have you forgotten it's rude to stare." She said in a sarcast tone I change my mind that is her "No I haven't, have you forgotten to smack somone is unladylike." I teased back with a smirk. She glared at me causing my grin to grow even wider. I must admit she did change quite alot.

She truly looked like a really princess. "You look different" she says causing me to raise a eyebrow at her. What exactly did she expect I would stay the small scrawny boy I was. Knowing her that's exactly what she toughy. That's when I idea crossed my mind.