Chapter 4: An Unexpected Move

"A-Yuan," Jin Ling started as he did first-aid on Sizhui's arm. "Didn't you come with Hanguang Jun?"

"I don't know," Sizhui replied. "I was too worried for you; all I know is that Hanguang Jun, Wei Qianbei, and Sandu Shengshou were following me."

"Jiujiu?"

"Mn." Sizhui shifted uncomfortably. "A-Ling, we shouldn't stay here. A moving target is harder to catch."

"No, you're injured," Jin Ling stubbornly replied, his hand over Sizhui's. "If you keep fighting in this state, I might as well join you on the other side."

"A-Ling, don't say that. Well, if we're going to be here for a while, I might as well just send our location and the situation analysis."

___With Lan Zhan, Wei Ying, and Jiang Cheng...

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying called aloud. The group of four - Wen Ning, Jiang Cheng, Lan Zhan, and Wei Ying - had already killed all the corpses. The juniors were manuevering the sword, watching out for strays. Jingyi was leading them as Sizhui was not around.

"A-Yuan and Jin Ling ran off to chase the culprit," Wei Ying explained. "I don't think they found him yet, though." Jiang Cheng was already sending a butterfly note to someone, explaining the situation.

"Wei Wuxian, since this is somewhere in Moling, is there a possibility that it has ties with the late Sect leader Su, Su Minshan?"

"Mn. There was a qin sound that Sizhui heard, and the song was somewhat similar to that of the song Su Minshan played during the second Burial Mounds Siege," Lan Zhan said. "Sizhui sent me a butterfly note, explaining the situation and sending their location."

"Should we meet up with him?" Jingyi asked, jumping off his sword with a few of the Lan juniors.

"With a group as big as this, we might put them and ourselves in trouble." Wei Ying tapped his nose. "If this is tied to the late Sect Leader Su, then it's also tied to Jin Guangyao and his lackies. We should split up. Me and Hanguang Jun will rendezvous with Jin Ling and Sizhui. Jiang Cheng, Jingyi, you go with the juniors on sword. Wen Ning, you're stealthy, so you follow is in the shadows. If we really need to, Jiang Cheng can send for some of his disciples from the Jiang Sect."

"Jin Ling said it was Jin disciples that kidnapped him," Lan Zhan informed.

"Jin disciples of the Jin Sect, but students of Su Minshan," Jiang Cheng said, his eyes on his xiongge. "Some of the disciples of the su Sect transferred to the Jin Sect after the fall of Jin Guangyao and Su Minshan. It was surprisingly unusual."

"Alright, we'll keep an eye on them." Wei Ying faced Jingyi. "Jingyi, you and the juniors follow Sect Leader Jiang. If anyone lacks spiritual power, follow Wen Ning on the ground. Those who are flying don't lose sight of us. The forest is dense, and there may be an ambush. Stay vigilant."

Jingyi nodded. He signaled a group of juniors to follw Wen Ning, and the rest followed him. Surprisingly, he cooperated, actually behaving like a true Lan. After all, his soul-borther and best friend's lives are on the line.

"Well, what're we waiting for?" Jiancg Cheng hopped onto Sandu. "Let's go!"

____With Sizhui and Jin Ling...

"Stay here. I sent a message to Hanguang Jun." Sizhui stood up. "They should be coming soon; we're not too far from them."

"I can't believe that my own Jin disciples tried to kidnap me," Jin Ling pouted.

"Well, didn't many of the Su disciples transferred to the Jin Sect?"

"Yes, after the... Guanyin Temple incident..." Jin Ling's voice trailed off as he shuddered at the memory.

"A-Ling, it wasn't your fault. It was the late Clan Leader Jin's; don't blame yourself." Sizhui cocooned the Jin, whose arms were hugging his legs; one of it was broken, so Sizhui tied a straight branch to it with his headband earlier. "Let's talk about something else."

"A-Yuan, you didn't tell me you could use Wen swordskills."

"Well, I only remember the steps now. Qing-jiejie showed me when we were in the Burial Mounds."

"Wen Qing, the greatest doctor of all time?"

"Mn. She knew all sorts of remedies and cures; stomach aches, fresh cuts and wounds, bruises, infections, sickness. And with such limited herbs on the mountain."

"Wen Qing sounds amazing..."

"Wen Qing is amazing," a light and cheerful voice said. Wei Ying's face appeared from the shadows, along with Lan Zhan's.

"Wei Qianbei! Hanguang Jun!" Sizhui stood up, helping Jin Ling to stand as well. "Jin Ling's broken his leg, so he can't really stand..."

"I'm fine, I'll use the tree as a support," Jin Ling defended, clutching the bark of a tree and leaning onto his good leg.

"A-Yuan, where's your headband?" But he needed no answer as he noticed a white ribbon and a tree branch on Jin Ling's leg. "Ha! The same thing happened again..." (A/N cue some sentimental music from The Untamed OST)

"Wei Ying?" Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying with curious eyes. Then he realized what he meant by the same thing happened again. His eyes flickered at the memory of him and Wei Ying in Xuanwu Cave, the exact same thing happening right before them. Lan Zhan's cold face remained the same, but his ears a bright shade of pink.

"YILING LAOZHU, WEI WUXIAN!" A sudden voice growled. "You finally fell into our trap."