Chapter 8: The Manipulator's Little Puppet Show

Earlier_ With Zewu Jun...

"Wanyin, this battle will not cease if we keep attacking them," Lan Xichen said as he blocked yet another attack from Jin Guangyao's dead self. Lucky he's already in Hell, because if he saw the chaos happening in the Mortal Realm, he might flip his shit.

"I KNOW!" Jiang Cheng yelled in fury, lashing his Zidian at AngWen. "Curse you, AngLei, or whatever-"

"That's not a very nice thing to say, Sect Leader Jiang," AngWen taunted as he sent Nie Mingjue's blade, Baxia, hurling straight at Jiang Cheng. "You should mind your manners." (Honestly, I'm giving AngWen an Alastair behaviour coz why not :))

One, two, three, Shuoyue sliced all of the corpses coming at its master. Serene and tranquil, Lan Xichen played Demon-Subduing Melody with Liebing. Cracks of lightning flayed out of the Zidian as Jiang Cheng paved a path to the other Lan juniors with Sandu.

"AGH! Sandu Shengshou, the corpses are too strong!" Jingyi cried.

"Just hold on, at least until he comes..." Lan Xichen panted, out of breath as he played for too long. Shuoyuue's power is also beginning to decrease drastically, and Jin Guangyao's body shows no sign of stopping. On the other hand, Nie Mingjue's body was no where to be seen.

"Lan Huan!" Jiang Cheng called. He tossed a healing remedy to Lan Xichen, beckoning him to drink it.

Instantly, Lan Xichen started slaying the corpses with effectiveness, no longer feeling the weariness from earlier. He kept Liebing and grabbed a hold of Shuoyue, slashing and spewing blood of the corpses.

For an hour, the battle lasted. The swarm of corpses never seemed to stop. Their backup was not in sight, and neither is Nie Mingjue. Just when all seems lost...

"Jiang-xiong! Er-ge! I'm sorry I'm late!" A mysterious voice said. Appearing amidst the trees, a fan was thrown, slicing all of the corpse's heads. Crimson flowed out of the dead as a man in light grey and green robes landed on the grass. he caught his fan and grinned, his face calculating and secretive. The man who once deceived everyone by knowing nothing was accompanied with a handful of disciples wearing light grey robes and accompanied with big sharp blades. Nie Huaisang, the ol' Headshaker of the Nie Clan, fanned himself with a golden fan, equally sharp with that of his disciple's blades.

"Huaisang, good timing." Lan Xichen coughed blood, kneeling on the ground.

"What took you so LONG?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"Jiang-xiong!! You know Qinghe is far from Moling. Aish, nevermind that, let's kill this piece of shit." Huaisang threw his fan, this time connected with thin yet brutal strings. With speed and accuracy, the strings tied around AngWen with ease. The Nie disciples began slaying all the corpses with much brutality as Huaisang attempted to snatch the Amulet from AngWen. However, AngWen's hands had enough space to draw a teleportation talisman, escaping from the clutches of Huaisang. However, he was one step ahead and had already marked AngWen's body with signaling talismans.

"FUCK, HE GOT AWAY!!" Jiang Cheng yelled. "Curse him for poisoning my brother."

"Wei-xiong? Poisoned?" Worry built up in Huaisang's stomach. "Where is he now?"

"Gusu, with Wangji, Sizhui and Sect Leader Jin," Lan Xichen replied.

"Well, let's head back to Gusu. We'll have to recuperate there for a short while, as many of your Lans are injured," Huaisang suggested.

"What about AngWen?"

"I marked him and have sent scouts to trail him from afar."

"Sect Leader!" A Nie disciple called. "The late Sect Leader Nie and Jin; what to do with their bodies?"

"Da-ge and San-ge's bodies... Take them back to Qinghe, first. Place as many Evil-Repelling Talismans as possible. They're to be guarded at ALL times. I will head to Gusu with Zewu Jun and Sandu Shengshou, and if anything, I will contact General Liang. Understood?"

"Understood." The small pack of Nie disciples disappeared.

AT GUSU_

"WEI-XIONG! Yo-you... You're alive! I thought you got... poisoned?" Nie Huaisang looked at the medicine by the table.

"Thanks to Hanguang Jun's quick thinking, Wei Gonzi is alive and well." Lan Hu bowed to Lan Zhan, who nodded in response.

"But Wangji is a cultivator, not a doctor. How on Earth was he able to find a cure even Lan Hu couldn't?" Lan Xichen asked.

"It's all thanks to Wen Qing," Lan Hu answered. "Hanguang Jun was able to find Wen Qing's soul in time and ask for a cure."

"Wen Qing? You mean... Wen Guoniang?" Jiang Cheng asked, puzzled. "She's still in the Mortal Realm?"

"Yes; I figured her soul would still be here. Burning one when one is still alive will only make sure that they do not turn into a resentful soul." Lan Zhan explained.

"Enough about that; did you capture AngWen?" Wei Ying asked Huaisang.

"He got away, but I did mark him with a few talismans. Some of my disciples are tailing him for the moment, so don't worry your head off, Wei-xiong!" Huaisang assured.

"Wuxian-di will need to recuperate for a few days. He just recovered, and I doubt he'll be able to fight for some time." Lan Xichen looked at Lan Zhan. "Wangji will take care of him for the moment. The rest of us should think about how to deal with AngWen."

"Zewu Jun, I'm fine!" Wei Ying protested. "I can still fight. I just need to make sure I don't over-excert myself."

"Wei Wuxian, you really are still as stubborn as last time," Jiang Cheng huffed. "You're lucky that Hanguang Jun of yours is here, or I will REALLY break your legs."

Jiang Cheng! That hurt," Wei Ying mocked.

"Do I look like I care?"

"Yes."

"YOU-"

"Sect Leader Jiang," Lan Zhan warned.

"I'm out of here," Jiang Cheng said. "Come on, Lan Huan, Huaisang." The three exited to Jingshi, with Lan Hu trailing behind.

"Well, it's just you, me, A-Yuan, and Jin Ling." Wei Ying flopped onto the bed.

"Wei shishu," Jin Ling began. "Was it true that... you gave me my courtesy name?"

"Yes, of course, A-Rulan. Why did you ask?"

"Jiujiu said I don't have one. I kept begging him to give me one, but-"

"Jiang Cheng did WHAT?"

"He said I don't have a courtesy name."

"If your mom was alive, she would probably punish your jiujiu for not telling you of your courtesy name."

"That's brutal."

"I know right?"