18. | every summertime.

— 𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒆 taken from: niki

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The much-awaited ransom for Kuroi finally came after what felt like an endless eight and a half hours of waiting, a period filled with so much boredom and fear—mostly experienced by Amanai—that he honestly doubted, for a moment, if the kidnappers had actually taken Kuroi at all.

"Maybe, just maybe, she left on her own or something," [Y/n] muttered under his breath, earning himself a very much-earned glare from Amanai and the ever-responsible senpai of his, Suguru.

And now, after receiving the ransom, here they are, four young teenagers boarding the plane in the early morning at six, on their merry way to Okinawa, of all places.

Why Okinawa, you ask? He doesn't know either, and he doesn't care. Perhaps the kidnappers want a more open and peaceful environment before being eradicated from this very earth.

"They really couldn't pick somewhere a bit closer to our location, huh?" he grumbles to himself, then yawns as he promptly sits down on the tiny airplane seat, a seat he is going to be stuck on for three whole hours.

He's starting to hate this babysitting mission.

A chuckle snaps him from his gloomy thoughts. He turns to his right, and sees Suguru with a small teasing smile. "Did you not get enough sleep, [Y/n]? I thought I heard you snoring away yesterday."

Him? Snoring?

"What?" He doesn't know what expression is currently on his face, but Suguru laughs, no, cackles at it.

He purses his lips in reply. "I don't snore, senpai. Also, I was keeping watch all night yesterday. The snoring was, without a doubt, coming from Amanai," he says.

Amanai—who sits on the seat in front of him—whips her head so fast, a red flush on her cheeks. "Hah? I don't snore either! Stop lying about me, you asshole!" she yells loudly, forgetting for a moment to quiet down her voice in this very public space.

He raises an eyebrow. "I'm not lying though."

"Yes, you are!"

"...You have no say in this. I was the one fully awake yesterday. I would know who was snoring or not," he retorts, crossing his arms.

"You weren't the only one awake, you know?" Gojo suddenly voices out, sneaking an arm around his shoulder from the seat to his left. "How could you be forgetting about me already? I thought we were bonding very well last night."

He gives the white-haired sorcerer a blank stare. Gojo's smirk widens.

"You're delusional, that's what you are. We weren't bonding, senpai."

"Oh? What was it then?"

"I happened to be awake. And you just happened to be there beside me," he states, resisting the urge to roll his eyes at Gojo's antics.

Gojo feigns a hurt look, clutching his chest dramatically. "Ouch, [Y/n], that hurts. I thought we were sharing a moment, a connection, if you will."

He scoffs, pushing Gojo's arm away from his shoulders. "The only connection we shared was me trying to get some peace and quiet while you rambled on about who knows what."

"Sweets! I was talking about sweets! How could you forget already? [Y/n], you're just a grouchy old man in a young teen's body, huh?"

Oh, he hasn't forgotten, don't worry. He's just tired of hearing the word 'sweet' now because of Gojo's irritating rambles last night. Though, now that he thinks about it, this annoyance was the reason he was able to stay awake. He doesn't know if he should be glad or irritated by that fact.