2023 (Lee Yeon)

"I missed you."
Jia's voice was heard echoing in the rain.

It's been around a few weeks since  Yeon came back from the year 1938. From the goal being to retrieve the guardian stone, to saving his brother, which he couldn't save in 2020.

"He keeps going back to that video.."
Yuri mumbled with a confused expression and Shinyu nodded:
"After Taluipa sent us to that era, he's changed alot.
But..Rang was right."
Yuri tilted her head and spoke in a shaky and questionable tone;
"Huh?.."

***

Heavy breathing was heard around Yeon. Jia looked down at him. "Yeon, ...Yeon?" she continuously called him.
Surely enough, his eyes opened. Looking around for a while, holding a old crumbled note in his hand.
"Jia..?" He spoke in a deep voice, as he regained his consciousness.
Jia nodded as she pulled her hands away.
Yeon looked at her while he attempted to get up.
"What's that?" She looked at the crumbled paper.

The environment was silent yet so tense..

Yeon thought to himself.
"The note...the note was supposed to go to my past self. To Manchuria." Although he said nothing out loud, he was breathing heavily.

"Nothing ..." Yeon looked at the note with widened eyes.
He looked really terrified in Jia's eyes, but he tried hard to forget about it.
He thought to himself once again.
"Maybe it's just an accident..I know I gave it to myself." He shook his head.
Jia sighed and nodded, but she still looked worried. Although, she didn't wanna push him. She went to another room  and let Yeon relax.
He sighed quietly and looked down at the oakwood floor.

***

"I'm going to see Yuri and Shinyu, I won't be home for a while." Yeon said enthusiastically, deep inside he felt a bit uneasy but he wanted to make Jia feel good since it's been so long. But he keeps getting flashbacks from 1932.

***

The time when, he sacrificed Aheum, the only human loved by a nine tailed fox, Yeon himself. That way, not only did he lose his role of a mountain god..But he lost the only person he could love as a nine tailed fox. It was a rule. Thinking about it made him fear Taluipa more because he did that Infront of her. Although he won't forget how Aheum was reincarnated into Jia. So he took a deep breath and reassured her as he was about to leave.

Jia nodded and smiled.
It looked sad. But he left with so many thoughts in his mind, he couldn't just stay because of that.
It was raining again, suddenly.
"Is another fox getting married?" Yeon grinned.
Shinyu tilted his head and tried to catch up with Yeon:
"That kind of thing still exis-"
Yeon cut him off:
"Sure." he added, "It does." Yeon put his hand on Shinyus shoulder.
Yuri looked around with a uneasy kind of expression. As she wanted to say something, but she decided not to. She knew how sensitive Yeon can be to some questions. She shook her head and walked on with them.