2020 (Lee Rang)

⚠️ COD: Suicide

I never thought something like this would happen. I thought it ended up like this only because he was unhappy, but so much unveiled after. I was a bad brother in the past 300 years and I didn't do anything, absolutely nothing. I'm just filled of guilt now..

***

It was a casual day. The day before that, Yeon gets a phone call from Rang. It wasnt so usual of him, so he picked up. It went smoothly. Rang being the same as always. Yeon was in a ice cream shop, not even acknowledging Rang was parked next to it with Yuri.

"Lets meet up." Rang grins as he speaks in a deep and hypnotizing tone. That didn't really convince Yeon further. "I refuse." Yeon leaned on the oak chair. "Ill set your house on fire." Rang added. Yuri exclaimed in the background, although her voice was barely subtle to Yeon. Yeon sighed "Im busy."
"Doesn't seem like you are."
Sure was a playful day, Rang was like this all the time so it didn't worry Yeon much.

***

• October 5. 2020
"I won't forget that date."
Yeon got a nofication on his phone. Again a bit unusual..It's Rang. A few hours ago, he noticed he was out with Yuri, so he wasn't worried. When he opens it, it's a video. Rang in the middle of nowhere, a random forest. "What's this bastard up to?!" Yeon exclaimed.

***

Tears filled his eyes while he continuously replayed the long video.
Just one line from him couldn't get out of his head.
"I was a horrible brother. So I'll sacrifice myself for you.
Lee Yeon, promise me you will take care of Jia, Shinyu and Yuri."
"Hes playing, right? And Yuri..? Yuri is nothing to him. She must remind him of...Yeohee."
Yeon sighed and started to just cry.

Year 1938.

"You know what's funny?" Mooyeong asked Lee Rang, while half of his face was covered in blood fighting the infamous Jangsan Tiger, a ghost of South Korea that haunted Hongjoo's resturant in Myoyeongak.

"You won't even be able to live a decade."

***

"Mooyeong told me I sacrificed myself in 2020. Is that really true?" all Yeon could say it's true.

"So that's why, you protect me now, just out of guilt?"