1932 (Lee Yeon's Flashback)

Year 1921, the first sight of Yi  Aheum.

***

Yeon's thoughts;

I wondered how this girl just found her way back to my hideout all the time, and that without getting lost. Surprisingly enough, it was so often...I just got used to waiting for this girl.

The first time I'd see her, I was  just sleeping next to the blossom tree. She looked around 10 years old for sure.

What happened now? How did I really meet her? Just listen.

I felt something,  someone set a hand on my fur. It alarmed me, but I didn't want to alarm the person back. I pulled my Uturi away. I woke up to that girl. Aheum.
"I was quite pissed now but it was a kid, so I'll...-" Yeon's thoughts were cut off by the girl.
"This is weird." She pouted, speaking in a confused tone. "My dog usually likes it when I pet it like this." She smiled at the end.
"You littl-" Yeon cut himself off. "Don't you know what I am?" Yeon asked in a aggressive and mad tone, yet with pride. The girl looked confused and Yeon continued on.
"I'm a nine tailed fox of Joseon."
The girl looked quite surprised but she didn't show it that much.
"I'm Aheum." She extended her hand Infront Yeon.

***

It's been years... — Year 1930. I was very close to Aheum now..I lost my role of the mountain god  but I hardly regret it, even now. In 2023, I can still love her.
Taluipa was furious. Even Hongjoo and Mooyeong. I felt betrayed atleast by the other two.

The main event; Year 1932.

I looked at the sea,  the ship boarding with Taluipa and Aheum. I sat down on the grass and sighed.
I couldn't do it anymore.
I got up slowly and thought about it one more time. Sure someone could say I was abusing my power. I turned the water into ice. Taluipa screamed out my name..now I know from that moment she'd never forget that.  And she really didn't.
I came over to the boat. I knew this would be my last time with Aheum..I held her cheek one last time before she'd die Infront of me.
That wasn't allowed for me either, but past me was so careless.