δύο

TWO—All Monsters Break Lose

─── 。゚☆: *.☽☼☾.* :☆゚。 ───

Lux waited for them in an alley down Church Street. She pulled Percy and Tyson off the sidewalk just as a fire struck whooshed past, heading toward Meriwether Prep.

"Lux! You're here!" Tyson said excitedly. It was hard not to match his enthusiasm when his whole face seemed to brighten up when he saw her, even if his one eye was immensely distracting now that she noticed it.

"Hey, Tyson." She smiled, hoping that it didn't come out forced.

"Yes, as much as we're happy to see you," Percy said. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to get you, and it's a good thing I did. I was surprised those Laistrygonians had the guts to attack you with Tyson here." She glanced at him, who was still oblivious to everything that just happened. There was a possibility that in his mind, he just played a very intense game of dodgeball.

"What are you talking about? Laistry-what?"

"Laistrygonians. Those monsters in the gym. They're a race of cannibal giants from the far north. Don't worry, I have a hard time saying their name, too."

"Laistry—Yeah, I can't even say it." Percy clicked his tongue. "What would you call them in English?"

She gave it some thought. "Canadian Sasquatches." She decided on, borrowing what Annabeth had said. "Never mind that. We have to get out of here."

"The police'll be after me."

"The more reason why we need to leave," Lux said. "We have to get back to camp. I had a dream today—"

"About Grover?"

Her eyebrows knitted together. "Grover? No. Did you have a dream about Grover?"

He told her about the dream where he saw Grover hiding inside a bridal boutique, shaking as he ducked behind the row of wedding dresses. A monstrous voice had bellowed through the storm, declaring whatever, or whoever, as his.

"What did you dream about?" Percy asked her.

Lux chewed the bottom of her lip, the dread that she felt earlier this morning coursing through her again. "There's big trouble at camp."

"My mom was saying the same thing! But what kind of trouble?"

"If my dream is right, then it had something to do with Thalia's tree."

Percy looked like he had just been hit by one of those fiery dodgeballs. "Lux, you don't mean..."

"That's why we have to go. Trust me, I don't want it to be true any more than you do, Percy."

"But what about Ciaran?"

"He'll come later this afternoon. You know how he gets during this time of day. If there's really trouble at camp, I don't want him to get hurt."

Tyson raised his hand to cut through the conversation. "Canadian Sasquatches in the gym called Percy something...Son of the Sea God?"

PHILOXENIA ➸ Percy Jackson¹जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें