Kanae × M! Reader [Modern AU]

🌸Noticed🌸

🌸Noticed🌸

I am a quiet first year high school student while my younger sister is in first year of middle school.
We both go to the same school, kimetsu academy and I think everything and everyone are boring.

Because no one talks to me except for my sister...

Still I was mostly alone since I don't want to bother s/n (sister's name) and her friends. Besides, it's sad to see a high school student hang out with his own sister in middle school.

Until one day, s/n came into my room stalling about an important issue.

"Niichan, there's a guy, same school year as you, is bothering me." s/n started.

Y/n: "I'm listening."

S/n: "His name is Douma and he's been flirting with some girls and my friends, and just yesterday... he didn't leave me alone."

Y/n: "Did he touch you?"

S/n: "My shoulders...hands...and almost my waist."

Y/n: "Douma right? Show me tomorrow."

S/n: "I look for you in the first break."

🌸🌸🌸

"Douma, could you leave us alone?" Shinobu said with a threatening voice but the smile remained on her lips, "you're bothering us."

"Don't be so mean Shinobu~ Just wanna talk, nothing more!" Douma replied with a bright smile, "By the way Kanae, you're getting more beautiful everyday!"

He wanted to place his hand on the older Kocho sibling, her younger sister, Shinobu, warned him not to touch her and at the same time, their friend s/n came.

"Niichan, that's the guy!"

Before Douma could touch her, he got firmly pushed away and before he could see who it was, a strong arm wrapped around his shoulder pushing him to walk with him.
"Douma right? I was looking for you!" the young man said friendly with a threatening smile, "Let's have a chat somewhere else!"

S/n went to her friends and asked if they were alright.
"We're fine thanks s/n, but who was the other guy?" Kanae asked.

"My brother, y/n." s/n replied, "you don't know him? He's also in the same year as you."

"Really? I never noticed him..." she mumbled.

"He isn't good in socialising..." s/n said honestly, "and as for Douma, I hope he won't bother us anymore, or else he's digging his own grave. But I hope he won't."

"Why's that?" Shinobu asked.

S/n: "I'm afraid niichan will get detention or worse, an expulsion from school..."

Shinobu and Kanae: "Oh."

S/n spotted her brother coming back dusting off his hands which was covered in dirt, "Niichan! Why are you hands covered in dirt? Don't say you-"

"Oh, it's not what it looks like," I defended, "I tripped and landed on dirt, that's all!"

Meanwhile with Douma:

His full body except from his head was buried behind the school.

Douma: "Is somebody there? Heeelp!"

Back with reader:

"Really?" s/n asked doubtful.

"You don't believe me?" I said quickly, "do you really think I will do such cruel thing?!"

S/n: "Yes..."

"Ouch..." I touched the left side of my chest, as if my heart pained, hurt by her word.

"Uhm, hello," I looked at the beautiful girl who approached us, "thanks for your help." she reached a hand out to shake hands.

"Uh..." I smiled nervously and showed her my hands that were still dirty, "Let's leave the hand shake out."

"I'm Kocho Kanae and this is my sister, Shinobu. I heard from s/n that we go the same classes, how come I didn't notice you?" she asked.

"Maybe because I sit at the very back?" I replied which sound more like a question, "but to be honest, I didn't notice you too...I...uhh, I spent most of my time staring outside the window."
As I said that, I unintentionally touched my face with my dirty hands.

"Pft!" I looked at s/n who started to laugh and point at her cheek informing me that I have dirt over my face.
Kanae and Shinobu started to chuckle too.

"Oh yeah.. My hands are dirty. Bye!" I immediately went to the restroom to clean myself.

"S/n what class does your brother has next?" Kanae asked.

"I think history," s/n smirked, "why?"

She blushed lightly, "it's not what you think like!"

"No way neechan, you like him?!" Shinobu exclaimed.

"Shinobu!" her blush was more visible now, "We just met okay?"

"You're not denying it~" s/n teased, "Yay! Niichan will not die alone!"

Y/n somewhere in the restroom: "Achoo!"

Now whenever the students have their breaks, Kanae will walk up to me and chat with me. I could always feel my heart flutter when I was around her.

Soon, we became study pals and the city library was our learning spot. The only problem we had during summer; it was extremely hot.

I passed a convenience store and bought two cold cans of sodas before I went to the library. I already saw the silhouette of her back at the very same table we study together in the city library. I surprised her by pressing the icy cold soda on her cheek. I laughed at her reaction as I placed the soda in front of her while I already opened mine.

"Y/n, are you listening?"

I noticed myself starring at her and quickly looked back at the paper she was pointing at, "Yes I am," I lied.

After some hours she shoved a letter on the table towards me before I packed my things. I opened it and read;

Dear y/n,

Since you won't say it first, I will.

I like you.

- Kanae

My face turned fifty shades of red and I could almost faint due to the heat.
Unbeknownst to me, she already finished packing her things and stood up. She saw my reaction she hoped for and pecked my cheek before she rushed out from the library.

I sat there for a while longer touching my cheek where she kissed.

She light up my world.

I'm glad we noticed each other.

Fin

______________
1021 words